All reviews drift inn the pub pub next door new forest lovely hotel red letter day railway line steam room the main hotel swimming pool paultons park beautiful location motor museum the general manager short drive wedding party wedding reception
Reviewed 22 July 2018

When you work as a wedding supplier and your daughter asks you to recommend a venue for her wedding, the pressure of being the Father of the Bride really clicks up a notch or two. Fortunately I know some great places ~ The Beaulieu Hotel was top of my list.

Amy and Sean needed a venue that satisfied a number of requirements. It had to …
Be big enough (around 100 people for the Ceremony and Wedding Breakfast, with more for the evening party).
Offer great service.
Be suitable for a band as well as a DJ for the party.
Be located fairly close to Southampton.
Have overnight accommodation.
They also wanted a venue where they would feel comfortable and be able to relax. I drew up an initial shortlist of three hotels which we visited together because, as I said before, fortunately I know some great places ~ The Beaulieu Hotel was always top of my list but I didn’t push it. The final decision had to be Amy and Sean’s.

My reasons for recommending The Beaulieu Hotel were based on many visits there as a DJ and wedding Master of Ceremonies to play at weddings over the last few years. The setting is fantastic and the service has always been great and my couples have always been very happy.

The Weddings and Events Manager, Sophie, was a great help to Amy throughout the booking and planning process and was on hand to coordinate everything for the first part of the wedding day. The afternoon and evening were overseen by the General Manager, Terry, who ran everything with a professional eye and a calm, “nothing was too much trouble” attitude. The whole day ran smoothly throughout and the team at the venue were always helpful and courteous. All special dietary requirements were catered for and I can’t think of anything that I was unhappy or disappointed with.

Many of us stayed overnight after the wedding. The rooms were all excellent, as was the breakfast.

The Beaulieu Hotel was the perfect venue for Amy and Sean’s wedding and I cannot express how grateful I am for the wonderful day they created for us.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this as a result of winning a Red Letter day. Sadly the hotel didn't deliver. Our room was tucked away overlooking the pub car park; there were no net cutains so we had to close the blind to change which prevented any airflow. Dirty cushions on the bed; and a part used complimentary shampoo bottle left in the soap dish by the shower. We were told we'd have to go over to the pub for dinner; sadly this was a major disappointment- pub food so we had fish and chips - perhaps the smallest piece of fish marginally bigger than a fish finger. Breakfast was disastrous a number of people walked out over the long wait; we persevered sort of wished we hadn't it took 40 minutes; no poached eggs available apparently they couldn't cook them so I had fried eggs these were so overcooked that they were like rubber. The majority of the staff were really good and overall the hotel was a nice place to be- it lacked management control. They seem to be focusing their efforts on wedding packages so the bar and restaurant in the main building were closed. Standard of cleaning in the restaurant was poor; the stone floor had not been properly cleaned in a while, the tables were sticky from spray and wipe. The beer garden had quite a lot of detritus from previous diners that remained for the duration of our stay.

2  Thank Kenbill
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Having read one or two unfavourable reviews, I was wondering what might be in store for us on our one night stay. On arrival the receptionist couldn't have been more polite and helpful and we were surprised to have been given a complimentary room upgrade. Our newly refurbished room was excellent, as was the rest of the hotel. We made use of the swimming pool and even had it to our selves. We decided to use the accompanying restaurant next door for our evening meal. The food was excellent, as was the attentive staff. This also applied the following morning at breakfast. We travel to the forest regularly, and will definitely be using this hotel again when we stay over.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
terry c, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Goback,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our facilities.

The team will equally be happy with your kind comments and I will certainly pass them on. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a short break for the Brewin Dilphin Cycling Sportive and it was the perfect location. Only a short drive to the beautiful village of Lyndhurst and set in a stunning location for scenery. It’s a small hotel and very nicely appointed. We were a little disappointed that our room (37) in the outside lodge was up in the eves and only had a tiny window so didn’t make the most of the beautiful views. Also no aircon - it was the hottest week in years so an uncomfortable nights sleep. We booked a DB&B rate but unfortunately the Drift inn was not showing the World Cup football and so we went into Lyndhurst instead. Also breakfast was from 7.30am and we had to leave for our sportive at that time so no breakfast either. The receptionist kindly refunded £50 for being unable to feed us. The communal areas inside and out are lovely and the views are to die for. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Lizveall
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The Receptionist was really helpful and friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds ever! We didn’t eat at The Drift Inn as it was a flying visit for a wedding in Beaulieu but the menu looked very appetising. All in all hard to find anything lacking and we’d definitely book again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends