“Doggie friendly”

The Turfcutters Arms
Ranked #1 of 5 Beaulieu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Our friends have a cottage in East Boldre , when we visit them we walk to the pub for a meal with our dogs , on Thursday the owner was driving by in his car whilst we were all out for a walk with our 7 dogs , he stopped got out of the car let hs dog out and they had a run around ! We booked a table for 6 whilst we were chatting for the next evening , how good was that !!! The pub is so comfy , oh the food is good too!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Over the last 15mths we have visited on 3 occasions and the food and accom. has been top quality and a very warm welcome extended to us by all staff.Simon and ged run a great pub,really friendly and nothing too much trouble .Good selection of real ales and the menu varied ,Keep up the good work ,see ya soon.

Room Tip: bring some apples for the horses
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is the pub I have been searching for for over 60 years!
A plain, honest, dog friendly, country pub. Blazing fire, a friendly welcome from Ged, 'Mine Host' and his staff,
sociable locals, and large portions of excellent local produced, superbly cooked, from an extensive menu. My family and I have enjoyed a number of great meals over the last 3 months. I am sad to be returning home and shall be looking for any excuse to return in the summer!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I asked my wife. To find me accommodation for the night from home I prefer to stay in local inns than hotel's.As the food, local Beers and accommodation are moor appealing to me.she found the above inn there were 3. Rooms available I said I'll call don't bother booking as I was only 10miles away ill just go and book in.
On arrival I went to the bar and asked for a room she looked at me asked how many was i booking for i said one she went to ask the manager she came back and said they didn't have any rooms. Advised me of another place down the road which was closed.
The rooms were still on booking.Com, three hours later.
I am an engineer working for a large company all over the country and stay in about 200 inns and hotels all over england a year. Not Impressed with this. Place.

Room Tip: Do not bother.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tegyptman
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Great (local) pub in the middle of the New Forest, close to Lymington and Beaulieu with ponies and donkeys wandering around outside. Great food at affordable prices; nice atmosphere with friendly staff, and lovely open fires. Apparently the beer's good too! Ringwood is the local bewery. I recommend the chilli. Dogs welcome too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The turfcutters was recommended to us by a friend.
What a GREAT place!! We will be back there very soon.
Jed was a KIWI ray of sunshine and such fabulous hospitality.
The food was incredible, ate way too much.
We took our 2 border terriers, they had an absolute blast, the area was fenced off perfectly for dogs.
We hired bikes with trailer for the dogs from Brokenhurst station. Jed gave us very handy tips where to walk locally.
My dad was over from South Africa, and had a wonderful time. True english pub bliss.
Thank you Simon and Jed for a great stay.
See you again soon
Kia Kaha.

Room Tip: We had Squirrel Room. Great massive bed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Simon and Jed run and excellent operation. Friendly, courteous, helpful and most of all very entertaining.
The room was clean, well provisioned and very comfortable. The food provided by the new chef was also of the highest quality. Most of all, it is a cracking place to have a few late-night drinks with some friends. The whisky selection has one or two cracking malts.

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaulieu
Montagu Arms Hotel
Balmer Lawn
Balmer Lawn
#4 of 10 in Brockenhurst
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to The Turfcutters Arms? Share your experiences!