All reviewstroutfudgebraised beefbread and butter puddingmelt in your mouthbanks of the riverexcellent foodlovely locationlocal ingredientsgreat pubbar snacksquality toiletriesblue cheesecooked to perfectionmusselsmortimer trailmutton
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Evening meal with friends - all excellent! The service was very good, the wine list also good.My minted pea risotto was memorable and the chocolate tart with chocolate ice cream was fab!! Not cheap but worth every penny ! Lovely cosy ambience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We visited the riverside inn during the evening after reading other reviews and the fact that it was dog friendly!

We were not disappointed at all,

We were placed on a table in the cosy bar area and Jake our dog was made very welcome,

Service from the start was perfect and we were made very welcome, the food was brilliant and cooked to perfection.

Thanks to all the staff at the Riverside inn we will be coming back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We visited the Riverside for a second time within a couple of months just a few days ago. Both times we went at lunchtime, my partner and I had the beef and it was cooked to perfection. The pub has a lovely atmosphere with music playing in the background. Staff were polite and friendly and it is set in a beautiful location next to the river.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We wanted to come here for a Saturday night meal, but it was so popular we couldn't get a table until 9pm. Very glad we waited though! Superb starters, including vegetarian, carnivore and fish-lover options - I chose the local Herefordshire snail tempura, which was fabulous, excellent texture and perfectly balanced flavour. For main courses, I had "Mortimer forest venison", and my partner had "pork cheeks" - we were both so protective of our choices that we didn't taste each other's, but each enjoyed every single mouthful! Desserts also lovely, and very good coffee to finish.
Friendly service, and not over-priced for the excellence of the cooking and the thoughtful use of ingredients.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hjmarchant
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took my Mum here for a treat for her birthday. Great choice on the menu. Lots of different dishes and each one with that something special. An added unusual ingredient which makes a meal special and a real treat. Wonderful home baked sweets equally as good as the main courses. They even brought out a little birthday cake for mum when I thanked the end and mentioned why we'd gone out to eat and the manager even sang to her. Lovely people, lovely food. Will definitely go again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013