“Excellent Sunday Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riverside Inn at Aymestrey
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aymestrey
Price range: US$12 - US$74
Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Aymestrey���s The Riverside Inn and Restaurant is nestled in the Herefordshire countryside, where the Roman Watling Street crosses the meandering River Lugg. Amongst trees where butterflies flutter and dragonflies buzz, The Riverside Inn is an old black and white timbered building full of original features - oak beams, log fires, exposed stone - dating back more than three hundred years. Warm and full of character, this is a typically British inn with an excellent line in local ales, countryside perries and ciders as well as a number of European and New World wines selected as accompaniments to the fine dining food produced by the kitchen���s award winning chefs. Committed to supporting local producers and suppliers from the rich larder of the surrounding counties, The Riverside Restaurant is proud to be local - even hyper-local in some cases with herbs and vegetables often taken from the inn���s very own garden - and as such dishes are created to showcase the best seasonal ingredients. Every item is freshly cooked just meters from your table and every taste and requirement is catered for with excellent vegetarian options as well as good choices for coeliacs and non-dairy eaters.
Telford
“Excellent Sunday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Out for Sunday lunch to celebrate a friends special birthday. Food top notch as always. Stayed at the nearby Aymestrey Lodges so a very convent short walk away. Had the three course 19.95 deal. Fabulous

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Wend37

Leominster, United Kingdom
“So good for lunch - we will try for dinner too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We needed somewhere for lunch on our way back from shopping and had been told of the Riverside by neighbours. They were quite right, as the food and service were both excellent. We were able to enjoy a very relaxed and delicious meal and (big bonus) when we asked if the "musak" was really necessary, they turned it off - really brilliant as it was only on because the chef liked it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Stuart G”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Dinner with friends a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't been for a while but everything was just as good as I remembered. Warm welcome on a cold night. Attentive service and imaginative menu. Good beer and excellent wine list. Beautifully cooked food which kept the 4 of us happy and made for a very pleasurable evening. It's a lovely location and even on a cold and wet evening the lights on the river provided a magical setting. Even better of course on a lovely summer's evening. No hesitation in recommending this pub/restaurant for both us locals and also visitors in the Hereford and Ludlow areas. Never disappoints.

• Visited March 2014
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Visited with our family including dog for lunch. Although they were very busy, the manager made us up a table and gave us a great welcome. Staff were lovely and food was absolutely superb. Slow cooked beef was one of the nicest meals we have ever had! Homemade fudge at end of meal was nice touch and delicious. Would definately visit again and highly recommend to anyone.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and helpful staff, food is gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at the Riverside for both business and pleasure. Richard and Liz and the staff are really helpful and bend over backwards to ensure that I am always looked after. For my business I rent the lower restaurant and Richard helps me in with all my kit.

I usually rent the stable room where I have my own lounge, but this time I had to move out as the River Lugg is getting rather high and Richard was worried about me, so they have moved me into their best room at the Inn.

I love it so much, that 6 of us and my dog, are coming back next week for Valentines Day. The menu always includes some game when in season so I have had pheasant and pigeon so far and shall have duck tonight. The puddings and the ice creams are all home made.

• Visited February 2014