“Good value”

The Chase Inn
Northampton, Australia
“Good value”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed overnight after having an interview locally. The room matched our expectations for £30; no extra charge for our dog. Basic, with clean linen, towels, plenty of hot water, t.v. and tea/coffee making facilities. All the staff were very friendly and evening meal and breakfast were well cooked and very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Oxted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We needed a place for one night as we were going to my mums funeral in Hereford & what with the bad weather & floods we were ready for it.
The staff were friendly and very helpful.
The food was brilliant and very reasonable priced & the breakfast was lovely and was a great start to our following day
To the staff a very big thank you !!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Chieti, Italy
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked in for one night on my travels. It was for a working visit, and was not expecting too much for the £30 fee. Room was fine, shower OK, clean sheets and towels, plenty of hot water. Landlord provided an evening meal for me, despite the restaurant being normally closed to the public on Sunday nights. I thought this was a kind gesture. You do get free internet access, speed is only about 3MB, but a good connection.
Its a one night hotel, (rooms are looking a little tired like others have mentioned), but for what I paid, the convenience, and overall cost, for me, I personally thought "value for money".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good location for visiting the area. Accommodation a bit shabby and could do with a makeover, but clean and everything is there - good towels, shower functional, tea/coffee, TV, alarm, toiletries, beds comfortable. Nice owners, and good breakfast. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stop to north Wales.Room basic but clean,power shower and lovely thick towels.Lovely country location,wasn't noisey at night even though it was next to a main road.We had drinks in the bar where prices were reasonable,we did not have an evening meal but had an excellant cooked breakfast! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was booked in for a night here by my boss as I work all over the country. The pub is nice and seems well presented. Food was good and stayed on a Wednesday (curry night) and got a curry with all the trimmings and a pint for £6.75. The room was a bit shabby and both cups in the room were both dirty from the last people who stayed here. The walls seem paper thin and can here the people in the other rooms talking. Stayed in better but then again I've stayed in a lot worse!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Toonman76
Bermuda
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked a single room at the Chase Inn due to its competitive price and proximity close to Eastnor Castle for a show I was attending the following day.

On arrival, the owner (wife) was friendly and gave me the room key. I dropped my luggage into the room and went directly to the pub for some dinner. The pub food was tasty and well presented. The draught beer was refreshing and the free wi-fi allowed me to catch up on some e-mails, etc. I enjoyed a couple of pleasant hours in the pub and then headed up to the room.

Once I was in the room, I began to notice a few issues. The carpet was old with several stains and what appeared to be cigarette burns. The wall had significant damage from dampness - apparently caused due to a rotten window frame. Both require attention but I could overlook the issues considering the low cost of the room. However, I expect the bed to be comfortable - it wasn't. The middle of the single bed seemed to be worn out. I could feel the springs pressing against my back, causing discomfort. I tried to lay on the outer edges of the bed to avoid the springs but this all resulted in a bad nights sleep.

I mentioned my concern with the bed to the owner the next morning (after a pleasant cooked breakfast). She informed me that they only took over the place four months ago and that they replaced all of the mattresses at that time. Maybe they bought cheap mattresses!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Travelodge Stansted Bishops Stortford Hotel
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Jolly Brewers Travel Lodge
Jolly Brewers Travel Lodge
#2 of 10 in Bishops Stortford

Been to The Chase Inn? Share your experiences!