“Excellent Stay with Exceptional Food!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bovingdon
Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Bovingdon B&B and Inns
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay with Exceptional Food!!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I am a businessman working around the Home Counties and Central London. When working around these areas, guest houses, b & b's and hotels can often fall short of the mark. With regards to the Fir Trees rest assured, whether businessman or light traveller or a family, you will not be disappointed by the warm welcome afforded to you by Sandra and Robert. The premises are self contained and spotless and the unique fine dining prepared by Sandra is exceptional. When arriving at the Fir Trees, I was asked what food I like and I replied "What can you cook?" She replied "Anything." I can certainly say I havn't been disappointed, she is an absolutely fabulous cook and you can sit and watch her prepare any meal in front of you. I have travelled throughout the world and never come across such a unique experience, well done to you both. I am looking forward to staying over future weeks, your place is an absolute gem of a find. Kind Regards. Martin Hurley.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Sandra C, Owner at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Wow! the reviews are getting better if at all possible! It is very reassuring to have such a review from a businessman who has travelled throughout the worlsd and has made it clear that the food he has had, bearing in mind he has had different cuisine from many countries here cooked fresh and to his tastes, 14 times alredy over the last 4 weeks and stating it could not be bettered is very rewarding. Also stating that we are a class apart from normal B and B's and surpass all the Hotels he has frequented is testimony to our hard work

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have stayed with Sandra and Robert twice, once in October for five nights then again in November for a further five nights. The first time I stayed I arrived feeling sad about leaving my family at home however I had such a warm welcome that I instantly realised that this was actually going to be a really nice break! The second time I stayed I was really looking forward to some time for me and to experience more of Sandra's fantastic cooking.
The rooms are just a few steps away from the main house, so when you shut yourself in, you felt like you had your very own little home. I cannot praise the cleanliness, warmth and comfort of "MY" room enough, the towels were so soft and smelled lovely. Lots of treats to nibble on in the room too!
Breakfast became the reason for wanting to get up in the morning! So much variety and choice and everything was fresh and locally sourced. I also experienced quite a few of the evening meals and every dish was amazing as was the wine supplied with it.
Sandra and Robert are more than hosts, they welcome you in to their home and family and nothing is too much for them. I would like to thank them so much for making my time away much easier than I could have ever expected. I will defiantly make an excuse to return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Neo Chorion, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed for 3 nights over the new year period. We received a very warm welcome from Sandra. Our room was warm and welcoming, as well as being spotlessly clean, tastefully furnished and well equipped, not to mention the many treats and sweets generously provided!
Breakfast was superb, top quality ingredients, freshly prepared, nothing was too much trouble.
Regrettably, we had no time to sample the tempting evening menus, however, we will definitely be back in February and look forward to enjoying a meal with friends.
I would highly recommend this little gem!
Paul & Andrea
January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Wilrijk, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed for one night while visiting friends in Berkhamsted. Everything was excellent. The property is very nice and residential with a private parking. My room was luxurious and very clean. Breakfast was outstanding and Sandra and Robert were very kind and helpfull. Highly recommended !

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We both stayed here as my girlfriend was on a course with Victoria Hammond for a week.
The owners both Sandra and Robert were very welcoming and provided excellent
service to us both. The accommodation is relaxed very clean and truly Excellent well worth the
money!
The Food was on another level, Very Good indeed, we both felt like it was like being
in a top resturant in the evenings it was a true dinning experience top notch!
We would definatly stay here again and hopefully will return.
Thank you Sandra and Robert for Looking after us, we both enjoyed our stay very Much!
Ben & Maria

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MariaAndBen_12
Sandra C, Manager at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Good Morning Ben and Maria

It was a pleasure meeting you both and exceeding your every expectation. It was fantastic for you to say we were on par with a top class Hotel and that every international cuisine that you had here was far better than any restaurant.of the same country

Wish you well and hope to see you soon

Best Wishes

Robert and Sandra Clarke
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I recently visited this little gem, it was a fine dining supper club, and was totally blown away by the food. Beautiful presentation mouthwatering dishes in a relaxed atmosphere. The chef Sandra is amazing her warmth and hospitality are infectious you simply can't help but enjoy yourself. The supper club is my guilty pleasure and will definitely attend future evenings. If you are looking for exquisite food outstanding service and something a little different, then I highly recommend trying it out.

• Stayed November 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Having viewed the luxurious accommodation and spent an evening indulging in the most delicious food why would anyone want to stay go anywhere else for a special occasion or simply for a break?
The whole experience is the antithesis of "standard", from the detail, consideration of visitors needs and the huge personal and tailored service to suit all preferences. The rooms are beautiful, new and spacious and very private.
The food is prepared and served with great care and thought. We ate an evening meal - an epicurean delight. A professional experience without having to travel to the great Metropolis! The owner Sandra is a courteous and enthusiastic host and very obviously a terrific cook! Highly recommended - treat yourselves to a night of refined luxury with the accommodation and wonderful food.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scoirse
Sandra C, Owner at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
We really appreciate your kind words and rest assured we are still striving to do better.
We have a passion for giving excellent customer service and making your stay an unforgettable one.

Sandra Clarke Propietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bovingdon
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#8 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham

Been to Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!