“So much more than a B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bovingdon
Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Bovingdon B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“So much more than a B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am so glad I chose The Fir Trees to stay for 5 nights when I was visiting this area for a curtain making course. We were made to feel instantly at home by Sandra and Robert as soon as we arrived after a long journey from Glasgow. The rooms are beautifully decorated (we were upgraded to the Sorrento room), and the cleaniness was top marks. We were made to feel so welcome, especially when Sandra brought us little surprises after a long day......wine and crisps in a hot tub will always go down well with us. The food was amazing and always unique, Sandra is an superb cook and was in her element when I invited a few other ladies from my course to come for dinner, who were so impressed that they intend to stay here the next time they are in the area. Overall, staying here is superb on all levels and Sandra and Robert make your visit so lovely and welcoming........the reviews speak for themselves.....well done for creating such a unique B&B!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra C, Owner at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
We thank you for your kind words. We strive to go beyond your expectations and be responsive to any and all of our customers needs

We look forward to seeing you next year again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sileby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay, fine dining experience was out of this world which left me with a great experience of foods I'd never tasted. Highly recommended for your stay with the most wonderful hosts. Our family adored the hospitality, food and most welcoming atmosphere!! Thank you x

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is my first ever review of any kind and is prompted by my stay at this top notch establishment. In terms of getting straight to the point I can only endorse all the other reviews of The Fir Trees.

We stayed as a family of 5 attending a wedding at a venue nearby. Robert and Sandra are the perfect hosts but special mention has to go to Sandra who is an absolute star and made our stay so special. Despite arriving late on our first night Sandra cooked us a meal that would put the majority of restaraunts to shame. Breakfast was to savour. The accommodation is class and very private.

Be warned this is no traditional B&B and you most probably would never consider staying in an hotel again once you have experienced The Fir Trees.

I cannot recommend the place highly enough.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra C, Owner at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
We are very appreciative of your very kind words. We will always strive to go beyond your expectations and nothing will ever be too much trouble to accomodate last minute arrivals or demands.The personal touch is our forte and making our customers dreams a reality.
Chigwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Loved every minute of our stay at this wonderful place. The service was amazing and Sandra and Robert went out of their way to make all three of us at home. Sandra is an excellent cook. She takes pride in everything she does. The couple deserves every good review here on Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: All rooms are of equally high standard.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure meeting you and making your family warm and very welcome and your words both here and on the review are as always very much appreciated.We was also very glad to welcome you back so soon and give you a free upgrade
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed for 1 night at the Fir Trees as we were at a party at the Little Hay Golf Club next door. What a fantastic little gem of a place the Fir Trees is. The accomodation is 5 star. The rooms are modern and warm with lots of lovely smellies, warm fluffy towels and dressing gowns. Not forgetting to mention the bowl of sweets and biscuits!! Sandra even came round before we went out with a glass of wine for us both. Delicious.
Sandra and Robert are fantastic hosts and I mustn't forget to mention their adorable dog Snowy!
Breakfast in a morning was everything from Fruit to home made Croissants and a full cooked English. As I was feeling slightly fragile the next morning Sandra kindly made me a pack up to take away.
We will definately be looking at staying again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie O
We love to give those extra touches that can make your stay extra special and like to surprise our guests with nibbles and drinks to set the mood of their occasion.So glad you enjoyed your stay
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I am a businessman working around the Home Counties and Central London. When working around these areas, guest houses, b & b's and hotels can often fall short of the mark. With regards to the Fir Trees rest assured, whether businessman or light traveller or a family, you will not be disappointed by the warm welcome afforded to you by Sandra and Robert. The premises are self contained and spotless and the unique fine dining prepared by Sandra is exceptional. When arriving at the Fir Trees, I was asked what food I like and I replied "What can you cook?" She replied "Anything." I can certainly say I havn't been disappointed, she is an absolutely fabulous cook and you can sit and watch her prepare any meal in front of you. I have travelled throughout the world and never come across such a unique experience, well done to you both. I am looking forward to staying over future weeks, your place is an absolute gem of a find. Kind Regards. Martin Hurley.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! the reviews are getting better if at all possible! It is very reassuring to have such a review from a businessman who has travelled throughout the worlsd and has made it clear that the food he has had, bearing in mind he has had different cuisine from many countries here cooked fresh and to his tastes, 14 times alredy over the last 4 weeks and stating it could not be bettered is very rewarding. Also stating that we are a class apart from normal B and B's and surpass all the Hotels he has frequented is testimony to our hard work
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have stayed with Sandra and Robert twice, once in October for five nights then again in November for a further five nights. The first time I stayed I arrived feeling sad about leaving my family at home however I had such a warm welcome that I instantly realised that this was actually going to be a really nice break! The second time I stayed I was really looking forward to some time for me and to experience more of Sandra's fantastic cooking.
The rooms are just a few steps away from the main house, so when you shut yourself in, you felt like you had your very own little home. I cannot praise the cleanliness, warmth and comfort of "MY" room enough, the towels were so soft and smelled lovely. Lots of treats to nibble on in the room too!
Breakfast became the reason for wanting to get up in the morning! So much variety and choice and everything was fresh and locally sourced. I also experienced quite a few of the evening meals and every dish was amazing as was the wine supplied with it.
Sandra and Robert are more than hosts, they welcome you in to their home and family and nothing is too much for them. I would like to thank them so much for making my time away much easier than I could have ever expected. I will defiantly make an excuse to return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bovingdon
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West...
#6 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Cent...
#4 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham

Been to Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!