“Excellent yet again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Roebuck Inn

The Roebuck Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brimfield
The Roebuck Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Brimfield B&B and Inns
herefordshire
“Excellent yet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and I returned to the Roebuck for lunch after a break of several months. The attmosphere was fab and we were greeted with genuine enthusiam and kindness by Jane and Phillip the propieters.
We sat in front of a lovely open fire to eat. My husband had beef and ale pie with chips and veg while I had salmon in a cream dill sauce with salad. Both were excellent. The portions are generous so we had nothing further other than a glass of wine to accompany our meal.
Our waitress Carol served us with polite friendly efficiency. Nothing was too much trouble for her.
I would highly recomend The Roebuck for good food at a sensible price, served in a congenial and friendly attmosphere

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank metalderek

Solo
Business
Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

A great local pub selling great food,have eaten here a few times and never been disappointed.

Have called in here quite a few times, including on the way to a 1930's party... were made to feel more than welcome by the landlord and his wife.

Being dog friendly and having a warming log fire in the winter is a bonus too.

Hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Harv_Ludlow
Wiltshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This pub was fine for a fairly quick evening meal when staying in a nearby B&B. However, we were horrified to see (and smell!) a man smoking by the bar (just next to our table). This went on for some time and the bar staff must have seen him but did nothing about it. (Don't they know this is illegal?) We didn't have the nerve to complain...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtw1953
theroebuckinn, Owner at The Roebuck Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
I am the owner ( and chef ) of The Roebuck Inn and have, in the past, declined to respond to comments made ( both positive and negative ) about The Roebuck as I believe everyone both has, and is entitled, to form an opinion of my Pub and my cooking !!
On this occasion however, I feel I must right a very serious wrong regarding the suggestion that I would allow anyone to smoke in the pub. Yes, we do have one gentleman who, on occasions will 'smoke' a cigarette. It is, actually, an electric lookalike and 'lights' by battery, emitting steam.
It is a shame that you did not feel able to ask the bar staff about the gentleman as I am sure he would have been all too happy to show you the ' offending ' item ( as he has on various other occassions ).
We also have had, yesterday, a call from the Enviromental Health Officers in Hereford who had received a complaint of someone smoking on the premises and they were completely satisfied that no such thing occured.
I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about The Roebuck Inn; I, as owner, am very much aware of the legal penalties should I allow such transgressions.
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We arranged to meet my elderly father-in-law for a pub lunch at the Roebuck knowing that it had changed hands since we were last there (when, incidentally, we had an excellent meal). We had our dog and had checked that this was a dog friendly pub.
We were made very welcome and given a table in the bar where the dog could be with us. I had liver and bacon, my wife had canneloni and my father-in-law the goats cheese tart. We were all very satisfied with our choices. Friendly service and pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Fab food, great atmosphere, however, after several visits, it really depends which waitress you get to decide how great your evening will be. At least one of the waitresses makes you feel like they are doing you a favour to serve you, note this is not the same impression that you get from the owner & his wife or the bar staff. Food really is excellent value, and the atmosphere, particularly in the bar area is lovely, just feel that the waiting staff need a little training in service skills :-) On a foody basis I would definitely recommend but feel that the waiting staff, need a little training!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bordersfamily
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We visited the Roebuck on our visit to Ludlow Caravan Park, newly opened and fabulous. We were recommended this restaurant by one of the wardens. It was wonderful. The food was excellent, there were 4 of us and we each really enjoyed our food, from black pudding and back, grilled goats cheese and proper whitebait for starters to kidneys in brandy sauce (3) to chicken breast with a wonderful home made tomato sauce. The portions were huge so only one managed a desert all home made. all at very reasonable prices. We did have delicious liqueur coffees instead. The wine is good and reasonable plus the range of ales.

What made it so great was the service. The pub is run by husband and wife team who make your experience great. The lady welcomes you and looks after you and the man cooks. He pops out to see how you are doing and makes this so personal. The other waiting staff are great too. We all wished we lived nearer as it would have been great if this was our local.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennyandmike
Hereford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Dined here last weekend. Food was very good but not a happy experience due to the waitress / owner's attitude. Not an experience we'll be repeating when there are places like the Rose & Crown and Peacock nearby with good food and service. (The previous review relates to a previous owner).

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tomtravellerHereford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimfield
The Roebuck Hotel
The Roebuck Hotel
#1 of 2 in Forest Row
The Salwey Arms
The Salwey Arms
#17 of 48 in Ludlow

Been to The Roebuck Inn? Share your experiences!