“"Please Sir, can I have some more....?"”

Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Bromyard B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“"Please Sir, can I have some more....?"”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

For anybody that has never had the opportunity to stay at Huntlands farm, I have to say that you are really missing out on a real gem. The warm and welcoming reception from Lucy and the family really embraces you. Any pre conceived thoughts I may have had about staying on a farm, were quickly diminished as I settled into my stay. The food was homely, well cooked, nourishing and hearty, and is a real credit to Stephen who provides most of the catering during your stay. I have shared many a family table in the past, but none were as entertaining or as relaxing as Lucy’s family. I could listen to John all night about his many escapades. The rooms are beautifully restored, warm and cosy and really retain the history of the farm. Being able to interact with many elements of farm life during my stay made the eight days unforgettable. Within easy commuting distance to Worcester, Bromyard, Hereford and Leominster, this farm is an ideal choice to those wishing to venture further afield. I can’t wait to go back and see everybody and regale in stories past. Besides Lucy has promised me a Banoffie Pie on my next visit. Roll on the summer. A fantastic 8 days.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daveyb945
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dave, thank you SO much for your kind words. We all enjoyed your company last week and I have noted the banoffie pie request! Roll on Summer for more great dinners and laughter together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Petworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

A lovely stay with Lucy at Huntlands Farm. Comfortable accommodation and a great breakfast. Would return in a shot and also highly recommend to others wanting to stay in the area. Lucy recommended some places to eat and we enjoyed a lovely evening meal at the Live and Let Live pub just down the road.

Room Tip: Our party took over the Cosy and Rafters Room. The Cosy is still a great size but the Rafters has a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Shelley, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review; I enjoyed meeting you all and hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. Best, Lucy
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at Huntlands while on a local course for 5 days. Made to feel very welcome as soon as I walked through the door by Lucy. I stayed in the Cosy Room and even in the cold weather was thankfully very cosy .The room was spotless and tastefully decorated. My stay included an evening meal and I thoroughly enjoyed the superbly prepared meals, cooked by Steven (a legend on the Aga), at the large table with the rest of the family and fellow guests.
Thanks again to everyone at Huntlands Farm for a great stay and I would highly recommend anyone to stay here. I look forward to returning next Spring.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ray C
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Ray, we thoroughly enjoyed your company and are enjoying the delicious Panettone you sent us, thank you. Looking forward to your return visit next year with more laughs around the dinner table. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and happy new year. Lucy, Stephen, John and Mark. x
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We (my mum and I) have just returned from an upholstery weekend at Huntlands Farm. The upholstery weekends are run once a month and you bring along your own project/furniture to upholster. Not only is Huntlands a fantastic B&B in a beautiful setting, but the upholstery course run by Lucy was incredibly enjoyable. Lucy was very welcoming, a brilliant host and a talented upholsterer/interior decorator. The farm house is beautiful and food was immense. Exactly what you need on a chilly winters weekend.
Huntlands would suit any break whether you are looking for restful, relaxing, with country side, tyring your hand at upholstery, or whether you are an animal fan in which case you can see the animals on the farm, or if you fancy it travel into Worcester which is only 7 miles away. I will definitely be arranging a return visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pip W
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend too and was so pleased that you managed to get all the chairs reupholstered. Looking forward to your return visit! Best, Lucy
Hayfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have just returned from a lovely 2 night stay at Huntlands, it worked for us. We wanted a quiet place to unwind and do a walk on the Malverns. It ticked both boxes.

Lucy made us feel very welcome and the room and food was amazing.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirk L
HuntlandsFarm, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
It was lovely to meet you both and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Many thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Best, Lucy.
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We had a lovely time staying at Huntlands. We brought family from abroad to show them the region and the beautiful setting at Huntlands Farm was the perfect place to base our visit. Stephen's breakfasts were superb and the gluten-free possibilities were very much appreciated! Lucy and Stephen are fantastic hosts and we are already looking forward to visiting again next summer!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write a review; it was lovely to meet you all and we wish you the very best with your wedding plans and future together. See you next Summer! Take care, Lucy & Stephen.
Bath
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Like others, I frequently use Tripadvisor as a valuable tool when planning a trip - in the UK or abroad - but have never got around to writing my own reviews! However, having had a fabulous stay at Huntlands last weekend I felt that I should share a little of our wonderful experience.

We can only echo other visitors' comments - what a truly wonderful B & B! A beautiful location with stunning views and the farmhouse has been lovingly renovated to create relaxed but stylish accommodation. Lucy and Steven are incredibly attentive hosts and catered to our every need; their friendly and relaxed personalities making you feel like you're visiting friends.

Arriving on a beautiful autumnal morning, we were greeted by the lovely Lucy. Despite arriving much earlier than normal check-in, we were made to feel at home right away. After being shown to our beautiful room, we enjoyed a lovely pot of tea in the kitchen whilst planning our day (with the help of our hosts' expert local knowledge!) After an enjoyable day out, sampling a few cider farms and local points of interest, we took advantage of dining in and were treated to a scrummy 3 course dinner.

After a great night's sleep in our super-comfy bed, we enjoyed a delicious home-cooked breakfast. Before leaving, Lucy invited us to help ourselves to the damsons which was much appreciated and has provided a lasting memory of our stay in the form of damson jam!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return for longer next time!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you SO much for your lovely comments; I will be thinking of you at the weekend as it is the Cider Making Festival! If you have any spare damsons, make some damson ripple ice cream, it's delicious!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromyard
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Bromyard
Holly Tree B&B Bromyard
Holly Tree B&B Bromyard
#2 of 9 in Bromyard

Been to Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!