“lovely friendly farm”

Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Bromyard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this beautiful farm. The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable, the shower was very good and Stephen and Lucy were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was delicious. Whenever I looked in the kitchen Stephen was smiling by the Aga, filling the room with a warm and friendly glow. I rather wish we'd ordered an evening meal, but we were on an exploring the area holiday so weren't sure what we would be doing in advance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Liz
I hope your roses and other plants are now safely in your French garden? It was a pleasure to have them in our garden for a short while and also a pleasure to meet you both. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this amazing farmhouse at the beginning of May and I've been meaning to write a review for a few weeks to inform everyone what an excellent place to stay. Lucy was extremely friendly and welcoming (Steven away in WI). The room was incredibly comfortable and breakfast was just ideal. The lambs were just finding their feet and bouncing round the field, as were the escapee piglets round the picturesque farmyard. Wonderful stay, super location. I've been telling all my friends and got a tea cosy as a happy reminder. Thanks again for your kindness.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The piglets have now been safely secured although they are rather large now and yesterday, we had 2 very late lambs born - they are adorable.
Enjoy the tea cosy!
Lucy

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at Huntlands with my 2 children (10 and 7) and a friend for 3 nights during the May half term. We loved everything about our experience.
Steven is an amazing cook - he cooked our breakfast plus 2 dinners for us, catering for both my family and my friend who is a vegetarian.
Lucy and Steven are such a cool couple, they have made the place cosy, inviting and fun.
Lucy's dad is the farmer on the property and my boys (and we) loved him. He had lots of stories about the old days, was super knowledgeable about all the animals plus gave my children a ride on the farm quad bike.
My boys loved hanging out with the sheep and lambs, cows, pigs, the 10 cats and 3 dogs and there are amazing rolling hills and meadows to run down and explore.
The farm is close to lots of lovely towns and Brecon Beacons National Park is just over an hour away and totally amazing.
This wasn't just a bed and breakfast - it was so much more. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor (I shared with my children and my friend had her own room). Mine was n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We so enjoyed having you all to stay; you were all great fun and a pleasure to cook for.
Take care

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the perfect place to explore Herefordshire and Worcestershire with walks from the door and interesting towns and villages nearby. It's also near Brockhampton (Nat. Trust)
The farm is an amazing building, packed full of history and beautifully decorated. Our cosy room with huge bed, settee, armchair and old fireplace overlooked the working farmyard, so there was plenty to see. A good selection of teas was provided and best of all- a cafetiere with real coffee, plus fresh milk and bottled water in a fridge on the landing. Our bathroom was across the landing but a bathrobe was provided and the power- shower was great.
Breakfast was served in the lovely dining room overlooking the fields with sheep and lambs leaping about. There was plenty of choice including cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and a loaf to slice ourselves and pop in the toaster- so it didn't get cold. Home-made jams & marmalade too!
The cooked 'full English' was well presented and very tasty. I can't normally manage this but ate one on all 3 mornings!
Our hosts were very welcoming and we felt like guests in their home rather than customers.
The grounds are a bit muddy (it's a farm!) so we'd recommend wellies or walking boots (no problem to us but forget high heels......) Would very happily visit again....

Room Tip: The bedroom without an en-suite is lovely so don't discount it!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Jill. Today's scene from the window was a bunch of cattle being turned out into the field after TB testing...never a dull moment here!
Best wishes, Lucy & Stephen

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I visit an awful lot of guesthouses, hotels, and many other different types of accommodation whilst doing the research for my books, those who we chose to feature are all just as worthy as each other as they all will have great properties. But there are those who just go that extra mile to make there accommodation more special than the rest, Huntlands Farm is just that type of place.

We chose them not only because they are a great play to stay but because they are quite unique as well. Four poster beds, amazing baths and just luxury in general comes as standard here and the breakfast in the morning is absolutely out of this world. But let's not talk about the breakfast just yet. I arrived at Huntlands at about 8pm and for many accommodation providers that offer evening meals that would normally be too late, but not here it wasn't. No sooner had I got to my room and dropped my luggage off, my evening meal was ready on the table, and what a feast it was. It was all I needed after a long ride on my motorbike to get there and they really did look after me. But they didn't just do that because of who I was, they make everyone feel welcome and as long as you let them know in advance they will have an evening meal prepared for you.

That leads me onto breakfast. I came down to breakfast and was treated to another lovely feast. It seems that all I'm talking about is food, but there is definitely something special about staying in a farm house and having an evening meal and or breakfast at a lovely farmhouse table. With sheep walking around outside, quite frankly I cannot imagine anything better.
On the whole I absolutely loved my stay here even though it was for just one night. The bed was comfortable, wifi was incredibly fast and the food and service was impeccable. I will definitely stay here again and I know that by the time I come back I'll have to book well in advance as you will all be booked in there.

Joshua Stevenson (Travel Journalist)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hi Josh, lovely to hear from you...when is the book being published?!?
See you again soon, I hope?

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Warm and friendly welcome from Stephen. Large room with large bed but a tiny en-suite. Wonderful country view. Very good breakfast. Lovely hosts including Lucy's father whom we met while out on his quad bike. Some minor issues encountered otherwise would have given 5 stars.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HuntlandsFarmBnB, Owner at Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

It was lovely to meet you both and to learn a little bit about quilting. I'm sorry you encountered some minor issues; I'd be happy to know what they are so we can improve if you are happy to email me with them. We constantly strive to ensure everyone's stay is as perfect as possible but understand that we don't always get it right.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had a brilliant time at The Huntlands. Lovely rooms and great food and felt a part of the family. Great location for exploring the area. Thoroughly recommend. Lambs and the big fat pet sheep outside the bedroom window and a woodpecker on the bird feeder.

1  Thank SSummerlin

And we loved meeting you, hearing about your future plans and look forward to learning about your future cheese making...thank you for the wine and cheese, very kind of you.
Take care and good luck with your new business.
Lucy & Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromyard
The Talbot Hotel
The Manor Coach House
The Manor Coach House
#1 of 28 in Worcester
The Court House Unique Boutique B&B

Been to Huntlands Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!