“Excellent food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Visited this evening without booking and had a lovely meal, staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. The only drawback was the wait which we were warned about when we arrived.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went for a ride out on Sunday looking for a lovely country pub to have lunch with my partner, and we found The Plough. After looking at the Menu we decided on the Carvery which i had a choose of 3 meats and 4 choices of fresh vegetables it was all cooked to perfection. The staff was all very helpful and caring you couldn't ask for more pleasant staff considering it was very busy pub. It puts other Cavery places to shame its about quality not these cheap carvery places with heated food from days ago. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I attended here today what can only be described as a special occasion grandads 85th birthday it was horrid the place has got ants!!! They were crawling on the table....
As for the carvey well...the beef I thought I was eating grandads rubber boot vegetables what vegetables? Carrots and cabbage that's your lot!! No I never went late either....very disappointed especially considering the bill was over £200 you'd be better off with a frozen meal from Asda keep well away....
Ants are known as good tooth picks I suppose!!! Apple crumble if you like it burnt then this is the place for you.....

3  Thank Leigh G
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A group of us ate here in mid March and couldn't have picked a better place for my son's 21st . Friendly, helpful staff behind the bar and at our table who couldn't do enough to make our evening great. Our waitress took my husband's meal to keep warm as our baby needed attention, brought it back with fresh vegetables and chips - very thoughtful. The food was delicious, and we weren't rushed during our meal - it really couldn't have been any better.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This really is a brilliant place to eat. The food is excellent; home cooked with plenty of choice and good sized portions. The staff are warm and friendly and there is a good variety of beers on offer. Highly recommend a visit.