“Quaint but fun”

The Falcon Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bromyard
“Quaint but fun”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Came across here by accident. And what a place..... There wouldn't appear to be a plumb wall or level floor in the building, adding to the character. We kept expecting to see a ghost or two roaming the halls, but to no avail :-) The landlady and landlord both seem to be slightly leaning away from sane but in a great way and they add to the whole stay. Our rooms were clean and tidy and our breakfast were tasty too.
Will stay there again if I was in the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Val750

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is a traditional old coaching Inn, and as such is fairly quirky, the bed was extremely comfortable and a very good nights sleep was had, breakfast is also very good with a good selection of traditional choices.
I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Designer001
Reviewed 28 June 2013

What an absolute terrible rude lady at this hotel, I would fully expect a lady of her age to have more manners. Very rude and obnoxious....... Went in asking about booking rooms and hall etc for wedding and was looked up and down at and was bluntly told NO even though I hadn't even given her a date or any information. Terribly run hotel, obviously not in any need for business.

• Stayed February 2013
7 Thank Complet

Travellers are raving about these Bromyard hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have not stayed at the Falcon as I live in the town, but always treat my visitors to a wonderful meal in the spacious restaurant. I have eaten there many times and each meal is as exiting as the first. How the quality and value can be so high is beyond me. A genuine Silver service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Yes, Basil Fawlty is still alive and living in Bromyard, both as Sylvia and John. The hotel is tired in parts but so am I and I am not nearly so old. Despite their manner and outward appearance the owners do all they can to make sure guests are comfortable and well fed. The rooms are all individual and the whole place is full of character. I stay in hotels on business most weeks and The Falcon is a welcome change to the bland corporate image of chains.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank drewsworld
france
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stay often in chain hotels and this little gem is such an antidote to the sterility of the mass produced variety. The owners are fun, wry, quirky and helpful. We wanted for nothing. The property is ancient half timbered giving that 'country pub' ambience. Don't give your money to the corporations when this is the alternative. The absolute real deal if you happen to be in that neck of the woods. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DiNola
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I actually got married October 2011 but couldn't not justify leaving an honest review after reading about another couples experience. Yes, the owners could be compared to "faulty towers" but Sylvia does know how to organise an event. We had 2 meetings with them prior to the wedding day, the first to look around the venue, then to confirm numbers and our menu's. Yes she was a little forward in her thinking however we told he exactly what we wanted and she gave it us.

We chose to have our reception in the Mews and fantastic medieval banqueting hall. We were able to come in the day before and decorate the tables, but the only thing they were concerned about was the balloons as getting them down from the ceiling is a nightmare. We did win this battle! I did read about people wanting table clothes be really they would spoil the feel of the room. It was a amazing and unique venue, a good sized patio area and a lawn area for photos.

The food was excellent, we chose a 3 course buffet and it was very reasonably priced. We had orderves and champagne on arrival (and tea and coffee). This was Sylvia's idea to keep guests happy whilst the photographer was at work. We even chose our own real ales and beers for the bar in the mews, lots of venues you get what you are given.

I can not fault our reception, it was well organised and we felt at ease. We had a fantastic day and wouldn't change anything if we did it all over again. My only error was not booking a room earlier, we ended up staying in another hotel because my guests had got in their before me. However they all said that they were lovely rooms and breakfast was great. I would certainly recommend this venue to others.

we did have a lot of children at our wedding, there wasn't any play facilities but we made up party packs and with the DJ they were very entertained.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromyard
The Crown and Sceptre Inn
#5 of 10 in Malvern
The Talbot Hotel
The Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knightwick

Been to The Falcon Hotel? Share your experiences!