“Our favourite pub in Bromyard”
Review of The Royal oak

The Royal oak
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Bromyard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Royal oak in Bromyard is set in beautiful gardens, the food is reasonably priced, well presented and very nice. Well worth a visit.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We often go for meals here and we always get good service, and lovely food at sensible prices. It has a great atmosphere, roaring log fires on cold days, bright and sunny in summer. The staff are very considerate -for example they'll always let my elderly father in law order sausage and chips even when it's not on the menu!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have been visiting Bromyard Downs for many years and always planed to visit The Royal Oak and now we wish we had been there sooner. After a lovely walk on the Downs we decided to go in for lunch, we were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff, we both ordered the home made steak and kidney pie and although we would have preferred a slightly thicker pastry topping it is a minor detail in our overall enjoyment of the meal. The staff were attentive without being over the top and the building and grounds only add to the overall experience.
We will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I cannot ever say I have had anything but a lovely meal here. Been a fair few times over last 3 years.
GREAT PUB GRUB. With friendly and quick service and in my opinion perfectly priced!
I was here on the 15th March for a meal with the family for my 21st and they even added a candle to my dessert! :)
I have recommended a few people and will continue to and return myself!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Royal Oak is set in beautiful grounds with extensive views across Herefordshire to the West. The outside drinking and eating area is smart, clean and well equipped. the garden is very well tended and there are swings and other play items for the little ones.

The food is good everyday fare. I enjoy the home made curries and chillis and the pies are well regarded. The menu is broad but a bit predictable and isn't "gourmet" standard. But it is right at the top of the tree for regular pub fare.

The service is friendly, attentive and efficient.

Special praise for the excellent range of three real ales, all local and always in perfect condition whenever I go there - which is at least once a month.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have been visiting the Royal Oak for years and never come away disappointed. Whether it's sitting next to the open fire in winter or enjoying the beer garden after walking the dogs around the downs on a summer evening, it ticks all the countryside pub boxes.
No matter how busy or quiet, there is always a warm welcome and a relaxed atmosphere. The food is fantastic and comes in man size portions, with a constantly changing range of specials, all at very reasonable prices.
Can't fault it.