“Great for families”

The Grove Hotel
SIDCUP
“Great for families”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We booked this hotel for three nights with our children; 2 and 4 years old. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night. Anoushka's is brilliant and the walled garden offers so many activities for the children who loved the outdoor pool and 'beach' (although the changing facilities were a little limited). The spa is the perfect place to relax and offered a friendly and helpful service (I recommend Natasha for treatments). The family room was spacious with a lovely balcony, attention to detail should be maintained as the extra beds and the toy box/ mini robes had to be requested twice. Food throughout the hotel was good, the Glasshouse buffets (both breakfast and dinner) were excellent, (avoid pizza in room service). Overall we would highly recommend this hotel, especially as a family treat. It's the first quality hotel that offers such great facilities and consideration for all the family. We will return!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor with balcony
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear david e,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review of The Grove. I am delighted to hear you and your family were able to fully enjoy our extensive facilities during your stay. I do hope we'll be able to welcome you back to The Grove in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
canterbury
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Another great weekend at the grove , having stayed about 7 times i didn't think it could get much better ,service is not over the top it's just right ,it really does get better and better.great with children
Everything is really catered for.

• Stayed August 2012
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear lee g,
Thank you for your review. As a regular guest, we appreciate your kind words and loyalty to The Grove. I hope we will continue to welcome you and your family in the near future.
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and didn't want to leave. Stunning gardens surround this beautiful, comfortable hotel and our first impression gave us all the WOW factor. Charming staff at reception checked us in with a friendly smile & showed us to a nice room overlooking the luscious gardens. The rooms are spotless with contemporary decor and spacious bathrooms.
This hotel has so much going on in the way of facilities...we wish we had booked for a week. The golf coarse is up there with the best on offer & the health club & outdoor swimming pool with its man made beach gave us plenty of fun. We enjoyed all our meals in the glasshouse restaurant with its plentiful buffet of quality and our afternoon tea in the mansion house was perfect.... All served with care by the delightful staff.... Clare in the glasshouse deserves a special mention... So helpful!

We arrived with a smile & checked out with a smile & happy feeling... Thank you the Grove.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear MarkFrance,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. I am so pleased you were able to take full advantage of all our facilities and leave relaxed and rejuvenated. I will share your kind words with the team and hope we will see you again soon.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Overall my friend and I had a great stay which was a birthday treat for my 30th.
Positives:
1 Beautiful gardens
2 Lovely staff on reception, the Glasshouse and at the bar
3 Good (not out of this world though) room with large television, comfy beds and large bath
4 Glasshouse dinner - good choice, very very tasty
5 Glasshouse breakfast - same as above
6 Outdoor pool
7 Beautiful indoor black tiled swimming pool - stunning
8 Top notch pedicure from the lovely Sophie
9 The hotel knew it was my birthday and left chocolates in the room
Negatives
1 Massage - supposedly 55 minutes and costly compared to other spas yet lasted 45 minutes. Unnacceptable for a hotel of this calibre. I have visited many spa hotels both in this country and abroad and this was the quickest 55 minutes ever. I felt let down as although her technique was good, she treated it like a race. Such a shame and means in future I may pick another spa as I love a great massage. I would give 5 stars if it weren't for this.
2 Alcohol prices - £10 for a single vodka is outrageous

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Starshaped,
Thank you for your review of The Grove. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. If I may respond specifically on the two negative points you made; the treatment time includes a small allocation of time for you to get settled in the room, and our standard drink serving is a double measure so not comparable to a single measure. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Grove in the near future.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We booked our third stay on line, we had tried to book a room in the Mansion house as this is where we have stayed in the past on one occasion, although once again we failed to book due to availability.

We booked what we believed to the best category of room available for our stay.

On arrival the lady on reception I can only describe her as somewhat miserable, checked us in and took us to our room which she said they had changed our room allocation as the one previously allocated was no longer available.

On arrival in the re-allocated room I can only say the room looked extremely tired and looked straight out onto a wall! Dreadful - not what we had expected by comparison to our previous stays the receptionist left and I discussed with my husband.

My husband went for a drink whilst I endeavoured to sort the room issue out, I went back to the same lady and stated I wished to change rooms, her face never changed she just simply said here is a new room card - room 90 do you know where to find it!

To be honest at this point I simply thought I would go myself as she was not what you may call helpful. After an extremely long walk through the conferencing areas and corridors I eventually found our room, it was not as tired and had the added bonus that the doors opened out to a table as we were on the ground floor quite pleasant, but the room smelt of drains.

If you are lucky enough to get a decent room there are some positives:-

Breakfast is excellent
The gardens beautiful and well kept
The walled garden and outdoor pool fantastic if you are with children
The glasshouse buffet in the evening is interesting lots of choice, but not a relaxing loads of people and not a dress code in sight
The spa is excellent with great therapists
The bar staff in the glasshouse are excellent - great cocktails!

Would we stay again we would if we could get a decent room!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hopey666
Dear Hopey666,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. I am sorry to read that your arrival was not of the high standards we pride ourselves on. As a regular guest, I am sure you can attest our aim to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed from the moment you arrive. I will discuss the circumstances around your visit with our Front of House team, and hope that we are able to welcome you again very soon.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We live locally and have been to the Stables twice for dinner and both times it was excellent. The decor and situation are stunning, the staff friendly and super efficient and the food top class. Really pleasant walk around the beautiful grounds afterwards. We will always bring visitors here not just because of the wow factor as you drive in but because everything else about The Grove more than matches it's fabulous outside appearance.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Kate G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review of The Grove. As a repeat guest we appreciate your loyalty. We have a tempting selection of food offers this month across our three restaurants and hope you will be able to return in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had an overnight in the hotel and a bit of a reunion in the Stables restaurant with a few friends. We made good use of the outdoor pool, the indoor pool, the Stables restaurant, and the lounges for an after dinner drink, and everywhere we got the same level of professionalism and excellent service. Dont miss out on a walk through the gradens to check out the Olympics-inspired art! And most importantly - the beds are some of the most comfortable you will find.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear dixonp4,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. I am pleased you were able to reunite at The Grove and also take in our wonderful sculpture exhibition and leisure facilities. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Grove in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!