“THE GLASSHOUSE - EXCELLENT RESTAURANT”
Review of The Grove Hotel

The Grove Hotel
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“THE GLASSHOUSE - EXCELLENT RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Have been to The Glasshouse several times and each time the food and service has been exceptional. There is so much choice of fresh great food from Chinese, curry, sushi, fresh fish section, tapas, salads & the carvery to the mouthwatering mini desserts, cakes & chocolate fountain. The customer focus & service is truly great. We went on my birthday for Sunday lunch and hadn't mentioned it yet it was noted from a previous visit and so they bought a birthday dessert to our table. If you are going for lunch don't have breakfast!!

• Stayed September 2013
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear ChrisandLou70,
Thank you for choosing to dine in The Glasshouse and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased we were able to welcome you again for your birthday and hope we may see you again soon.

Jonathan Critchard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I played golf at the Grove the day before my wedding and the whole experience was fantastic. I'm not sure there is anything I would have said the team there could have improved upon.

The welcome was great, then we went to the range prior to teeing off where one of the team looked after us very well and kept us abreast of timings whilst telling us about the course. On the first tee another of the team handed out individually engraved Grove tags (one of the guys had tweeted the team to say it was the day before my wedding) with course planners etc etc.

The course itself is extremely well maintained and manicured, and all of came away thinking we'd love to play there more often.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robk96,
I am so pleased we were able to help you escape any pre-wedding day nerves with a round on our course. I will share your kind words with the golf team and I am pleased you appreciated the personalised bag tags. I hope the wedding went well and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Dumfries
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was fortunate to play golf at The Grove with family and friends. It was an enjoyable day and we were well treated by all of the staff who were friendly and helpful. The golf was good although a little slow due to an earlier corporate event.

Dear Ian J,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to play at The Grove. I hope we will see you on our fairways again soon. Do keep an eye out for the return of our Winter Warmer and enjoy our immaculate course over the winter.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

i have been to the grove a number of times and for the last three years in august i have taken my family (9) to the glasshouse for dinner
from the moment our minibus arrived at the entrance ,to be greeted by a welcoming smile
to the end of the evening during which attention to the whims and fancies of teenagers and the needs of the elderly(me),everything was excellent
the buffet has all the starters,pates smoked fish,prawns etc that one could wish for
main courses include chicken pork etc but the "piece de resistance" is the roast beef.i like mine rare and chef did me proud,slices of red succulency accompanied by yorkshires,gravy,roasties,and numerous vegetables
cheese board and then the deserts
service at the table,impeccable and after all that a very reasonable price for a superb evening

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear scouse168,
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to The Grove. I am delighted we were able to welcome you all in The Glasshouse on this occasion and you left having had a wonderful evening. I hope we'll see you again soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Having been given the treat of an Afternoon Tea and Spa treatment Package I chose a particularly stressful, busy time in my life to visit- thinking that it would be a true test of the Grove's benefits! I arrived feeling ratty and even more stressed after a convoluted and long journey from Hitchin during which I missed a turning and ended up driving about six miles further than necessary. It would be so helpful for those like me who do not possess a satnav to have much clearer signage for the Grove as one gets closer to the place. The only sign I spotted was one for Deliveries and in desperation I followed that, after my detour. There was ample parking. Once inside the Spa the calming atmosphere/ delightful, helpful staff began to take over and I switched off my phone. Bliss! Having only in the last few years discovered that I seemed to be the only person in the whole world who had never had a massage I went for the Full Body option, and I felt all my shoulder tension being expertly dismantled bit by bit! The Steam Room and Sauna prior to this had been a revelation and relaxing experience, as had the Vitality Pool. Everywhere was beautifully maintained and clean. My Tea was served in a lovely little cosy light room, with, disappointingly a slightly dull courtyard to look onto. The waitresses were friendly and pleasant and the meal was everything I hoped for- colour, variety, bite sizes, texture and taste- yummy! Lovely fluffy bathrobes to wear. Loved the peaceful glamour of the black tiled pool, and tidy smallish gym with 'enough' kit. I packed a lot in, had a lovely time, and would love to do it again as the perfect antidote to my sometimes erratic life and work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Dear SGW364,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your journey to The Grove. We do have very detailed instructions on our website which can plot your journey for you, so I hope this may be useful on your next visit. Having said that, I am please our Spa team took great care of you and helped you to relax and unwind in our beautiful surroundings. I look forward to welcoming you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great location, plenty of parking too.

Nice grounds for family walks and pictures, weather depending.

There usually is a wedding going on, so many people always.

Many different food counters, caters for Veggies too, and desert is great.

Room Tip: Not great if you have more then 10 people in your party for dinner, they are loathed to join tables...

Dear vik2100,
Thank you for choosing The Grove for your birthday celebrations and for taking the time to post your review. I hope we will be able to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Went with children aged 1and 3 and were seated in lounge. Hotel offers a children's afternoon tea.Staff were pleasant and friendly, but did not offer a high chair, and when we asked for one, it took a time to arrive. We had to ask for the children's tea, as not offered. Juice was served to kids in heavy glass tumblers with no straws.Sandwiches seemed to have been sitting for sometime, as bread dry on one side. Cakes were some of the best we have ever had at this type of tea, but realised afterwards that we had not been given scones as per menu. Sorry to seem nit picking but this hotel purports to be absolutely top notch, but more thought and attention to detail needed.

Dear jeanette s,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Afternoon Tea at The Grove. Afternoon Tea is a very popular element of The Grove experience and I will discuss your comments with the Lounges Team. I hope we may welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!