“Excellent afternoon tea in luxurious surroundings”
Review of The Grove Hotel

The Grove Hotel
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent afternoon tea in luxurious surroundings”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

No, sadly we didn't see any international sports stars or world leaders, but nonetheless we had an excellent afternoon sipping teas and scoffing cakes.
The staff were attentive without being pests and the food was tasty and plentiful.
What more could one ask for on a Sunday afternoon with friends and family?
(the price was pretty good too!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear andyclo,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to enjoy afternoon tea in our Mansion Lounges. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Grove very soon.

Jonathan Critchard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here on a works event was a gorgeous hotel, rooms very big and lovely bathroom, fantastic dinner and hotel surroundings were superb! I would highly recommend it and will definitely be back! Staff were more than accommodating and were very professional and friendly! We were lucky enough to be there in the gorgeous weather we had so sat around the pool and had a pimms and lemonade! my colleague had an executive suite which was huge with a roll top bath and a double shower. It has to be one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Laurapimm,
Thank you for your kind review of The Grove. It will be a pleasure to share your words with the team and I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Surrey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was my fourth visit to The Grove and again I can not fault anything. This trip was a girls only spa break and we all said the facials were the best we had had here or at any other hotel. The service in the glasshouse was excellent as was the food at breakfast and dinner. The reason I keep returning here is the layout of the hotel, especially the lovely comfortable lounges, the outside space, the fact that you can have champagne in the spa if you wish, the quality of the spa treatments and the relaxation room, the food and the design and decor of the rooms. There are not many hotels that offer all this. I am looking forward to my next visit :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear fussiest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Grove and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted we have been fortunate to welcome you again to The Grove and look forward to your next visit.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Have been to The Glasshouse several times and each time the food and service has been exceptional. There is so much choice of fresh great food from Chinese, curry, sushi, fresh fish section, tapas, salads & the carvery to the mouthwatering mini desserts, cakes & chocolate fountain. The customer focus & service is truly great. We went on my birthday for Sunday lunch and hadn't mentioned it yet it was noted from a previous visit and so they bought a birthday dessert to our table. If you are going for lunch don't have breakfast!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear ChrisandLou70,
Thank you for choosing to dine in The Glasshouse and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased we were able to welcome you again for your birthday and hope we may see you again soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I played golf at the Grove the day before my wedding and the whole experience was fantastic. I'm not sure there is anything I would have said the team there could have improved upon.

The welcome was great, then we went to the range prior to teeing off where one of the team looked after us very well and kept us abreast of timings whilst telling us about the course. On the first tee another of the team handed out individually engraved Grove tags (one of the guys had tweeted the team to say it was the day before my wedding) with course planners etc etc.

The course itself is extremely well maintained and manicured, and all of came away thinking we'd love to play there more often.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robk96,
I am so pleased we were able to help you escape any pre-wedding day nerves with a round on our course. I will share your kind words with the golf team and I am pleased you appreciated the personalised bag tags. I hope the wedding went well and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Dumfries
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was fortunate to play golf at The Grove with family and friends. It was an enjoyable day and we were well treated by all of the staff who were friendly and helpful. The golf was good although a little slow due to an earlier corporate event.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ian J,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to play at The Grove. I hope we will see you on our fairways again soon. Do keep an eye out for the return of our Winter Warmer and enjoy our immaculate course over the winter.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

i have been to the grove a number of times and for the last three years in august i have taken my family (9) to the glasshouse for dinner
from the moment our minibus arrived at the entrance ,to be greeted by a welcoming smile
to the end of the evening during which attention to the whims and fancies of teenagers and the needs of the elderly(me),everything was excellent
the buffet has all the starters,pates smoked fish,prawns etc that one could wish for
main courses include chicken pork etc but the "piece de resistance" is the roast beef.i like mine rare and chef did me proud,slices of red succulency accompanied by yorkshires,gravy,roasties,and numerous vegetables
cheese board and then the deserts
service at the table,impeccable and after all that a very reasonable price for a superb evening

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear scouse168,
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to The Grove. I am delighted we were able to welcome you all in The Glasshouse on this occasion and you left having had a wonderful evening. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!