“A superb dining experience!”
Review of The Grove Hotel

The Grove Hotel
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our second visit to The Glasshouse Restaurant and we were not disappointed. The food, service and surroundings were wonderful. We loved the choices of food, and my daughter who had not been before just thought the food was out of this world. I particularly liked the desserts which the waiter spent time explaining some of the more unusual flavours and recommendations which was helpful. Overall a terrific evening and we would whole heartily recommend this to our family, friends in fact anyone -you will love it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Vivian H,
Thank you for your excellent review of The Grove. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time in The Glasshouse and hope you will be back soon.

Jonathan Critchard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,840)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hot stone massage was amazing and the relaxation rooms was luxurious and very well equipped.
The sauna/steam room area was very small and quite disappointing but the pool was large and quiet, perfect for a relaxing swim.
The afternoon tea was delicious but the secluded room that they served it in was a bit strange and it meant that you had to go searching for staff if you wanted anything.
I would go on a spa day here again but only if there was a special offer. The single sex sauna/steam area meant that I would probably not go there as a couple.
The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive throughout the day.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Missfeeney23

Dear Missfeeney23,
Thank you for choosing to visit Sequoia at The Grove. I will share your kind words with our spa team and also highlight the level of service during afternoon tea in the Garden Room. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We went as a couple for a weekend with five other couples, spa and gym were really great, setting is great in the country but inside the M25. Rooms really nice, grounds immaculate, service excellent the staff were all great ! The food was delicious first class presentation and quality !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan G,
Thank you for your positive review of The Grove. I am so pleased you and your guests had a great time with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We went for my wife's 30th with both our two boys (2 & 4) and grandparents for a meal at the Glass house restaurant. Wonderful food as I expected having been before but was particularly impressed by the service. As, thankfully rarely, happens in the chaos of going out with small children we forgot nappies! Disaster! Not quite. A fantastic guy on the front desk found us some from the on site kids club. As is the way with 4 year olds amongst all the wonderful food on offer in the buffet he wanted....burger and chips! This was made specially for him and brought to the table by a chef....who then personally came back later an asked if he wanted more chips. My wife was also presented with a small but lovely birthday cake. As well as these three standout points the rest of the service was fantastic. It was so nice in a country where in so many places the paying punter has to put up with acceptable service at best it is so nice to experience exemplary service seemingly given so willingly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jon H,
Thank you for your excellent review of The Glasshouse at The Grove. I am so pleased that you were able to relax as a family and experience first hand our team's genuine hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We returned to The Glasshouse Restaurant ...we have been amny y times since the hotel opened and this time we took 2 guests who had never been before. We are always excited to go as I have never had a disappointing exerperinece but to witness 2 peolpe who have never been before made us again realise what a treat this is and it made us even more appreciative of the delicious food , the professional but relaxed ambience , and attentive without being imposing staff .Our waitress was lovely ..chatty and friendly but at appropriate times and obvioysly loves working there . I would recomend The Galsshouse to any one ..i have been in excess of 30 times and I love it more than ever . I do however have one small disappointment ....on the last 2 occcasions why has the cauliflower cheese not been available ? This dish was the most delicious / out of this world and I used to enjoy it as a seperate course, on its own , to really savour the flavour . Could it please be reintroduced and be there every time I visit ! Otherwise ...all i have to say is see you in the new year ...The Grove is our January Blues treat !

Room Tip: Choose rooms which overlook the garden ....on a cold morning the mist is wonderful ..on a sunny morn...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sara P,
Thank you for your excellent review of The Glasshouse at The Grove and for the exceptional loyalty you have shown to The Grove since we first opened. I look forward to welcoming you again in the New Year.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a hotel I always wanted to visit. Daughter bought me vouchers to go for dinner , as a birthday present. Venue is wonderful. I have had better buffets. Could have been more choice. However the fish I had was the best I have had anywhere. Thought the deserts were very disappointing. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The venue would be lovely in the daytime and if weather was nice enough to sit outside. Grounds were beautiful. We however arrived and left in the dark! Would like to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear dabnor,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. The grounds and gardens are beautiful throughout the year and hope we may see you again in the Spring or Summer for an alfresco experience.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My book group had an early Christmas lunch in the Stables. I booked it and was asked for my credit card details. Not to hold but to actually charge my account! £ 60.00. £10.00 for each diner.

I arrive 10 minutes early to reclaim my money since we would all be paying separately. I was told this would be difficult and would take time. I had time.

I was told it would be refunded and I would get an email the next day.

We ordered and were informed we could only have well done burgers?????

Stall were polite whilst telling us this but had no idea why. 3 people ordered burgers -one came a third thinner than the other 2 but all well done.

The food was ok/good and scraggles of the English football team were there. Possibly a plus.

I rechecked that I had been refunded before we paid the bill. That took a while.

It was very expensive for water, one course and coffee.

It took two weeks to get the 'next day' email.

I was then send a request to review the Glasshouse - another restaurant in the hotel????

Better than average but not by that much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank wahine010London

Dear wahine010London,
I am sorry to hear of the challenges you had surrounding your dining experience. I believe your comments have now been resolved offline and the reasoning behind our burgers explained. I do hope that we might welcome you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!