“Great place, great facilities”
Review of The Grove Hotel

The Grove Hotel
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great place, great facilities”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited for a 2-day conference. Really impressed by the venue, facilities, friendliness and politeness of staff, quality of food... right down to the amazing setting. Odd decorations in some corridors (not a complaint, more of a comedy quirk!), but in general I can't find fault.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear andy_s_66,
Thank you for your kind review of The Grove. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with as part of your 2-day conference. I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Jonathan Critchard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I did the afternoon spa treatment. The greeting process took far too long - 45 minutes for one drink and a form so a very poor and frustratign start for both of us.The Spa was great but due to renovations some facilities were disappointingly unavailable. The pools and steam room and Jacuzzi were well maintained, clean and tranquil. However, the afternoon tea was not - I have an allergy to certain food and made this clear at arrival - unfortunately, no flexibility on the sandwiches seemed possible so I ended up leaving a lot. Cakes however were splendid. My 'hot stones' treatment was fantastic and relaxing and the highlight. My wife enjoyed her treatment as well. So a bit 'hit and miss'

Room Tip: Book treatments early to avoid disappointment on treatment availalbility / timing
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Henryk F,
Thank you for your review of your spa day in Sequoia at The Grove. I will discuss your comments with our Spa Director and team to understand what has happened on this occasion. I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was kindly given a present for a day spa break for my birthday. I arrived to be told some of the facilities were not available. The swimming pool is lined in black and looks like a merky pond. The hot tub at the end of the pool was full of froth, which was not a good sign. Sitting around the pool trying to relax and class of about 10 ladies proceeded to have a very loud water arobics class for an hour. The dinning room was called the Garden room. Which turned out to be a very hot and badly ventilated room and was very cramped. I have been on a number of spa breaks, this by far was my worst experience to date. Please avoid at all cost.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

5 Thank doug_fisher
Dear doug_fisher,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your spa experience. We receive a number of positive comments regarding Sequoia's facilities including the black mosaic indoor pool, but understand that it may not be to your liking.

Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Took 4 business associates for a celebratory meal at The Glasshouse of whom only one had been before. They were all impressed and we had a lovely evening. The food as usual was sublime and the chefs knew the source of the meat; number of days matured etc. Will be returning.

Dear JamesBush2013,
Thank you for dining in The Glasshouse and for taking the time to share your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Grove soon.

Dayton
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at the Grove for only one night for a conference. The hotel was lovely and a shame we only had the opportunity to stay one nite. The hotel is extremely large and difficult to navigate the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms were exquisite. My room was quite large with a very elegant bathroom. The food for the conference was very nice. The spa was amazing. The fitness is a full size fitness club. I wish I had more time to use the facilities.

Dear dbruzer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. I hope you are able to return in the near future, with a little more time to enjoy our exceptional facilities.

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I found the whole booking a table to be a bit of a pain because I had to give a deposit for each person attending, I had a table of eight for my birthday so not even that big! I also found that a particular memember of staff was quite rude and off hand, I wondered if he had been on duty all night. However that said the service once we got there was great, the venue itself is beautiful and the food selection and quality was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

3 Thank Zebeda
Dear Deboarahthezebera,
Thank you for your review. I will highlight your comments regarding the booking process with our reservations team. I am pleased to hear that your meal was excellent and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Jonathan Crichard
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our second visit to The Glasshouse Restaurant and we were not disappointed. The food, service and surroundings were wonderful. We loved the choices of food, and my daughter who had not been before just thought the food was out of this world. I particularly liked the desserts which the waiter spent time explaining some of the more unusual flavours and recommendations which was helpful. Overall a terrific evening and we would whole heartily recommend this to our family, friends in fact anyone -you will love it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Vivian H,
Thank you for your excellent review of The Grove. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time in The Glasshouse and hope you will be back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!