“Great place 5**” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Grove Hotel
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great place 5**”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We went to The Grove for our friends 60th Birthday, Afternoon tea, Champaign first with three people playing wonderful music, then we went through to a joining room, if it had been my wedding I would be over the moon, the setting was fantastic, A great treat. staff very helpful, but only one could speak English, this was not a problem as we could not ask for more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear maria c,
Thank you for your review and for choosing The Grove for your celebrations. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful time with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Jonathan Critchard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We met up with 3 other couples for birthday celebrations over dinner. We checked in at the Glasshouse restaurant and then enjoyed aperitifs in one of the cosy lounges just behind reception. The staff were very helpful and even arranged for the England football team to come and say hello to us, which was an unexpected surprise. The food is absolutely delicious and the arrangement of unrestricted visits to the buffet perfectly suited some of our party, who had starved themselves from lunchtime! Drinks are very expensive and the wine list is overpriced by about 20% for the quality of wines on offer, but no-one is forcing you to drink so if you choose to partake be prepared.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Noel R,
Thank you for your kind review of The Grove and your experience of The Glasshouse. I am delighted we were able to welcome you for this special occasion and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently had a weekend with my wife at The Grove, the first for several years. I was delighted to find out that the quality of the hotel has not reduced over the years. Every part of our stay was a delight from the room, to the bars and restaurants and my personal favourite the golf course.

Dear Gordon J,
Thank you for returning to The Grove after a number of years, and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I hope it won't be so long before we see you again.

Elstree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I booked a 1 night spa break package at the Grove for my husband's birthday. It included one night accommodation, dinner at the glasshouse, breakfast and 1 treatment each at the Sequoia Spa. We loved it from the moment we drove through the front gates. The staff at the front desk were very polite, friendly and helpful as were all other members of staff that we came across during our stay. The lounge rooms were beautiful and peaceful - perfect for a Saturday lunch for two. The food was very nice at the Glasshouse and the breakfast was more than enough for two people.
The main reason we were there was the spa. I absolutely did not disappoint. The facilities are very good, clean, well maintained. Although i did not use the pool as I am petrified of dark water and the pool is dark in colour not the usual blue, my husband, on the other hand, thought it was very original and different ) . In the treatment rooms the staff have done everything to make our visit as memorable as possible and I did not want my facial to end.
All in all amazing weekend and we even had a little birthday tart for two to share waiting for us in our room.

Dear anna2805,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husband's birthday with us at The Grove. I will share your kind words with the spa team and I hope that we will be able to welcome you both again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband treated me to a spa day at The Grove for my birthday.
I was not disappointed. It is expensive but you do get your money's worth. The couples massage was absolutely amazing.
We had champagne afternoon tea on the garden room and were served by attentive staff.
The whole spa area is kept clean and maintained very well.
We will hopefully return for another spa day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JagK,
Thank you for your kind review of Sequoia, our spa at The Grove. I am so pleased you had a relaxing birthday and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently stayed for 19 nights at the Grove. Overall, I had a good experience. Unfortunately, my first impression was marred by the front desk ladies that checked me and my co-worker into our rooms.
It had been a long day with a 6 hour flight and an 8 hour work day straight from the plane.
During the check in process, I asked if we where in nice rooms. The stiff and unsmiling response to that question was. "You have been given the rooms that your company paid for." Wow, terrible answer! Both my colleague and I felt like she had slapped us in the face. A sting that we both felt every time we walked past the front desk.
My colleague and I are seasoned travelers that spend about 8 months of the year on the road. We know from experience that all rooms, especially in retro fitted buildings, are not necessarily created equal. The correct answer from the front desk personnel would be " All of our rooms are nice. If you are unhappy with your room, please let me know and I will find you a different accommodation for the duration of your stay." Said with a eye contact and a smile.
I also found the rooms small and the closet smaller. The place was clean, the beds terrific, the decor tasteful. The Breakfast buffet was very nice with an assortment of foods for every diet. The rest of the staff was great and the grounds, pool and spa lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Askia j,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grove. I am sorry your initial impression of The Grove was not a positive one. I will discuss your comments with our Front of House team and identify any training requirements necessary. However, I am pleased that the rest of your extended stay was a positive and enjoyable experience. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Louth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

superb hotel excellent staff and service food is out of this world thank you for a very special weekend, great from start to finish staff are so attentive and helpful ideal for that special occasion. Got me Harry Potter tickets sorted everything out nothing was to much trouble .Restaurant staff very knowledgeable and knew what the food was like great touch

Dear john h,
Thank you for your review of The Grove. It will be a pleasure sharing your kind words with the team. I am so pleased you were able to get across to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour whilst you were staying with us and I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler's Cross
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!