Four of us had a beautiful evening out at Colette's. Parking was easy. The staff were highly attentive but not intrusive. We chose the 'Sonnet' tasting menu and the 'Nature' tasting menu. The fish courses and the beef courses from the 'Sonnet' menu simply melted in your mouth. Having a vegetarian who can't eat nuts with us could have been a problem for some restaurant, but not for Colette's. The 'Nature' menu was fantastic. Favourite course was the Duck Egg. The chocolate dessert was divine. The canapés, amuse bouche, warm bread, butter & olive oil were all packed with flavour too. Each course was carefully explained to us before we ate by the waiting staff. We asked to drink our coffee in the piano lounge of The Grove and a member of staff escorted us round and served our drinks to us there. We also managed to thank the chef and discuss our meal with him too. Beautiful simple décor, lit with real candles so quite atmospheric, quiet music in the background, comfortable chairs, nice size table. Beautiful food, wonderful atmosphere, excellent staff, huge toilets! A fantastic treat that we would like to repeat. A totally new and amazing experience for all four of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK