The small games room was shut for some reason however they loved their few days in the play room. It's easy to take some lovely walks and in particular along the Regents canal and the hotel can supply maps. The grounds are impressive and the decor really well done. The breakfast buffet was ample and so too the evening buffet however it is extortionately priced for what you get. Aside the fine dining restaurant, we tried all three other restaurants and was nothing outstanding. Some of the staff seemed either bored or condescending and it was quite rare to get more than a three star service from some of them. We felt the food and drink was completely overpriced for its worth and it was pretty clear that were taking advantage and making a huge mark up on this. We couldn't help but compare it to central London 4 and 5 star hotels and found the quality versus the price just didn't match up. As a consequence we felt a little cheated. Would we go again? For a night - perhaps. For longer - no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK