My son booked this stay for us (Mam & Dad) for one night on 25 April 2014 as we were attending the wedding of his wife's brother . The service and reception and evening event were also at the Grove. This hotel is what I would call luxurious
The bedrooms are large and clean and have a large bathroom with shower and filled with lots of toiletries and equipped with every item you need for your stay . The bedroom has also a large tv with all channels. You also can order from the menu and have room service you also get free Wifi
The meal after the wedding was very good as was the food at the disco at night.
We also had breakfast the next morning which was excellent you were spoilt for choice what ever you could think of they had and much more as many times as you like. We sat as a family and stayed for 2 hours. The service the staff gave was also excellent serving you with tea and coffee all the time.. Should you be in the area and want to treat someone on a special occasion and don't mind the Prices then this is the place to go.
The only complaint I have is we travelled 300 miles and when we got there we were a little early for our room. The event organiser in charge of the wedding told us to go to the glass bar and have tea or coffee, which we did however on leaving the bar we were told a charge of £10.20 would be charge to our room. I spoke to the events organiser later who said she did not mean it was free but as it was not made plain a charge would be made she would take care of the charge and took our room number. On checking out the next day it had not been taken care of as promised and the event organiser was off duty . Reception staff promised to check with her the next day and email my son as yet he has had no response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK