I went with a friend we are both career women used to luxury hotels and spa breaks. We had previously gone to Pennyhill and to Clivedon this could not compare. The hotel is more like a conference centre and clearly caters to that market. Room corridors were horrid with nasty, stained paintwork cupboards on either side. As others have commented the standard rooms are over the carpark with showers over the bath with no handrails for safety. Our toilet would not flush and we were not offered the option to change to another room we had to call maintenance twice once at midnight and the following morning. The worst was the appalling dinner in the Stables we were seated next to a baby who banged his bricks and shrieked for the entire meal when there were plenty of other tables but all patrons were seated in the same area and we had trainee servers who forgot most of what we ordered time and time again. We had to insist on compensation for the bad meal which was given very grudgingly we got the impression the duty manager could not take this decision. The spa on the other hand was fabulous treatments superb quality experience but don't bother with the hotel is an excessively expensive miserable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK