When you drive up the hotel it amazing, a wonderful setting.
A very warm welcome by the porter and than it stopped.
A big fireplace could warm up the atmosphere but no wood? the staff was behaving like officials.
All staff was just smiley and working for there monthly rating by there superiors.
Even asking us to rate them well en distributing form for that.
At first we had rooms in the "modern" side bud a Novotel has more charms.
Quickly changed rooms for the more ( much ) more expensive "mansion"
Not one room was perfect, i still wonder how they can mess up such a beautiful house.
Everywhere they put stuff that does not helps to make the hotel looking better.
There is nothing more difficult than making a balanced mix of contemporary design and original period architecture and here is a good example how it is not done.
And God knows why it is necessary tho put horrible so called "art" in the gardens.
The food in indeed "the stables" just good enough to survive until your next meal.
All that gave me the Disney Paris feeling , beautiful place but horrible food
After 20 mails to the Spa asking for the treatment we would have liked we gave up and went our selves the day of arrival to make the appointment.
A hot stone massage seamed very nice to me and i had i before i other very nice Spa's such as The for Seasons La Terre Blanche, The Mandarin Oriental Paris, Park Hyatt Paris.
But never someone tried to debone me with those stones.
I hoped for better to come but it never came, and my head massage skipped why?
We made a lovely refreshing walk one the domain an at night we had the best dinner ever in Great Britain.
But what a horrible dining room, yet the bar was nicely decorated, to Russia with love?
It must be frustrating for Russel Bateman ( i hope for the guests he is still there ) to make such wonderful creations and see them be served by a poor trained staff.
But the food was so good that we took a new reservation the day after.
Sorry, I will gladly follow Russels future cooking wonders and only for that I would consider an other stay at The Grove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK