Visited for afternoon tea on a beautiful sunny day, we chose to sit in the lounge as it was very hot outside which was a great choice as we had a fabulous cool breeze from the large open windows, The tea choice was excellent and the sandwiches and scones first class. I have a nut allergy so had a separate selection of cakes which were all very tasty and beautifully presented but we were far too full at this stage to eat them all! The cakes all had a Wimbledon theme due to the week we visited which was a lovely touch. The afternoon tea here is quite pricey compared to some other venues but the great thing at The Grove is that they will replenish sandwiches and scones at no extra cost. The service was excellent and for a couple of hours of indulgent luxury we would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK