From the moment we arrived at The Grove yesterday afternoon until the time we left we found all the staff absolutely charming and helpful. We have had afternoon tea in many five star hotels including Claridges a few weeks ago, which was most disappointing. This afternoon tea, on the other hand, was first rate. The sandwiches were made in a variety of breads and were all absolutely delicious. The scones were excellent and my wife particularly enjoyed the home made lemon curd. The pastries looked delightful but we were all so full that we could only manage to taste a couple of these. To our delight the lounge manager offered to box up the untouched pastries so that we could take them home. I must give the highest praise for the efficiency and professionalism of the lounge manager, Claire Tylcoat, and all her staff. We were also delighted when the Head Chef came over to our table to check that everything was OK. We had a most interesting conversation with him. Because of this experience we will definitely book for Sunday lunch in The Glasshouse and also will return in the future for another delicious afternoon tea.So if you are near jun 19 of the M 25 just go of and in 5 mis you will be there so do give it a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK