I've just returned from a 2 night stay at The Grove. If you don't want to read on and just want the short version - amazing!
From beginning to end the experience was absolutely wonderful. Apart from the beautiful grounds and house the staff really are the stand out feature of The Grove. They are all super professional and clearly engaged in giving excellent service and all done with a wonderful smile and non-stuffy attitude.
We took 2 rooms with a garden view which were very spacious and the view, just beautiful. We ate in The Stables and The Glasshouse and the quality of food in both restaurants was excellent - don't go to The Glasshouse if you're on a diet because EVERYTHING looks and tastes good!
I had my 7 year old son with me and he loved all the facilities there were for him - and there are a lot - he spent most of his time in the outdoor pool which was lovely and warm and I was supplied with plenty of towels to wrap me up on a rather chilly day whilst I watched on.
Both mornings there was a learning session and a display from Woodland Hawking who brought their birds of prey - the kids absolutely loved it and Grant and his assistant were so patient and kind with all of the kids, young and old - a really great bonus to our weekend!
We will definitely be back! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK