“Short stay but still talking about the food”
Review of Two Brewers Hotel

Two Brewers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chipperfield
Bradwell, United Kingdom
“Short stay but still talking about the food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went to Harry Potter Universal Studios Tour and wanted to stay over night near by. After reading reviews I chose this hotel. I stayed with my husband and my 6 year old son.
The room was spacious but a little cold as the radiator had been turned off but not put back on. This was easily rectified and soon the room was lovely and warm. There was a very large bed and a pull out settee bed (which was already made up) but there was still lots of room to move around in.
The surroundings were very pretty with a lovely woodland right in front of the hotel which we went to explore before our meal.
The food was AMAZING! and really reasonable.
The staff were very friendly. I would recommend

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dunstable
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friend and I ate here today for lunch ! My friend had the slow cooked lamb and I opted for a 10 ounce teabone steak with mushrooms,chips onion rings and grilled tomato!! Lovely!! I had fizzy water as I was driving ,but my friend drank rose wine !!! Lovely meal,great service So I will leave a great Tripadvsor review for them!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 22 March 2014

During the recent spell of good weather we headed for The Two Brewers for lunch. On the last couple of visits we've found both the food and service a bit iffy, but on this visit the food was really good, the service wasn't bad and on a sunny afternoon you'll find it hard to find a better location locally.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have visited this hotel on many occasions mainly to eat downstairs in the restaurant. The service is always friendly and the food is always good and of a great standard. The decor is great with neat little touches that give it a more independent feel considering that it is a chain restaurant. The field opposite and attached woodland is a great to work up an appetite or even better work off your meal and relax on a summers evening.

Highly Recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We used to live near this lovely place around 15 years ago so booked in for a night as we were attending a reunion in the village. Shame it's lost its individual local charm as is now part of one of the many big chains of pubs that standardise any visit and take away any uniqueness.

The room was fine but the duty manager could do with attending a refresher customer service course. Not a smile when we arrived or an apology for overcharging us for the ( very average) breakfast.

We didn't eat dinner there but the menu looked OK if you like the standard pub chain food.

Didn't feel welcome and won't be going back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BovoOldBoy
marrakech
Reviewed 25 February 2014

During a recent visit to the Two Brewers, [local to us and had a great reputation years ago], myself and hubby and 10 friends had booked a table for lunch. We arrived at 1.30pm and eventually got our starters at 2.20pm, after repeatedly chasing up the staff. On arrival the reception was very luke warm with a waitress pointing us to our table - such an effort for her.
The young girl who took our orders was very polite but all the other staff appeared very lethargic and lacking in customer service skills. We will not be returning or recommending The Two Brewers which is their loss as our group is one of the every growing 'young-oldie groups' of friends who love to lunch and spend our cash. Had the service been better we might not have found fault with the meal, which of course we all did. Don't go for the fish and chips unless you like batter by the way. Sorry but someone really needs to drag this place to where it was 10 years ago - ON TOP.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shameless5

Travellers are raving about these Chipperfield hotels

durrington sussex
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel overnight as we were up for New Year celebrations.we don't normally go out this time of year, but it was a family celebration so stayed in this hoel as it is in the heart of the village we need to be.
There was some confusion re how many rooms I booked as I did this on the net and I manage to book six rooms only needed TWO but it was all sorted out for us.
The rooms are far better than the Premier Inn and the rooms are more spacious and warm no need for extra heater like premier inn.the staff are excellent cant do enough for you, and the breakfast is a lot cheaper than the premier inn it is made for you while wait.while premier inn is a buffet which should be hot but is only warm.
If you are thinking of going here there is a Clark park at the back of the hotel,it is
convenient for Harry Potter studios and in a quite village, lots of walks in the villages two pubs including the one you stay in.i have family in this village and everyone is friendly. When you want to book this hotel we were advise to ring the hotel ad ask for the booking this way it is not done through third party and you will not be booking SIX ROOMS like me. You will be given a set of keys,one is for the door to room the other is for the back entrance into the hotel,as we were told this was the way in not the front when returning after midnight.another tip s they do not have street lights in all the village best to take a TORCH with good batteries.

I have also had food in the restaurant which I love very much, if you join there mailing list you get vouchers through for various thing during the year well worth doing also on your birthday you could get free meal for yourself it changes each birthday.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and my daughters was on the first floor both were very good.