“We cannot wait to return !”
Review of Two Brewers Hotel

Two Brewers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chipperfield
Coventry, United Kingdom
“We cannot wait to return !”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We returned yesterday from an overnight stay at this lovely little place, a real gem. We booked a family room for ourselves and two children as we were going to the Warner Bros Studio Tour yesterday. Upon arrival I felt like I had stepped back in time, what a beautiful village, and setting for the Two Brewers. We checked in and found the lady on reception to be perfectly pleasant and helpful, and we then went to our room on the ground floor. The bed settee was already made up for the children and I have to say I was very impressed by the room, a fantastic 6 foot bed for us and contemporary furnishings and some lovely village print canvases on the walls. Tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer and iron and ironing board were provided. The room and bed linen was fresh and lovely and clean as was the bathroom and we had a pile of fresh towels. Yes the bathroom tiles were looking a little tired in places but not to the extent that it ruined my stay !!! maybe the bathrooms are next on the revamp list ? Anyway the bathroom was perfectly adequate. We had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant and found the prices to be very reasonable, the choice of food was great, and the service was swift. The food was piping hot when it arrived and I cannot fault it! We loved it so much that we returned for a spot of lunch the following day before we headed for home, again the food did not disappoint, nor the service. I found all of the staff to be friendly, approachable and helpful.
We also had breakfast here, the children had continental and we had cooked. There was a continual supply of scones, muffins etc, the children had toast from the kitchen which was on fantastic "proper" bread ! there was sufficient choice of yoghurts and cereals and juice etc and fresh fruit. The cooked breakfast was FAB! Yes it was one sausage but it was delicious and with a pile of bacon, mushrooms, egg, beans, tomato and toast and access to fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruit, and all the rest I feel that it was more than sufficient. The breakfast took a few minutes to arrive, but with it came the reassurance that it was freshly cooked, as it was also red hot.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would come back again most definately. In fact I am trying to think of a reason to stay there again as we speak (having now done the Harry Potter bit!). Room prices were very reasonable. I have read some of the earlier reviews and really do not know what people expect for their money. To me this place surpassed our expectations and we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank J L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Two Brewers is situated overlooking the village green and common in the pretty village of Chipperfield. It is not far from the M25 so an ideal place to use as a base for exploring the area. I had a pleasant one night stay, the room was comfortable, spacious and clean.There was a tea tray with a selection of teas and coffees (but no biscuits!). There was an iron and ironing board, but the hair dryer was missing. Liquid soap was available but no hair products. The staff were polite and welcoming but not really interested in their guests. I ate an evening meal which was served fairly quickly and was freshly cooked. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. The buffet table was laid out with cereals, fruit, a selection of bread, tea, coffee and fruit juice. I took ages for the waitress to take my order for a cooked breakfast. When the breakfast arrived it was a rather reduced version to the one detailed on the menu (one rasher of bacon and one tiny sausage instead of two of each). The sporadic footfall of guests meant that the coffee was well stewed and the fruit juices were diluted by the melted ice. There seemed to be the minimum amount of staff available at any one time. There was no evidence of any tourist information about the area, either in the public areas or in the room. This pub/hotel has such a lot of potential but the current management seem to be running it on a shoestring with no interest in encouraging the tourist trade. All in all, I had a pleasant enough stay and would recommend the Two Brewers as a good place to stopover for a night or two. I thought the room rates were rather high for the facilities available and I have experienced far better value for money in other places.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I ate at The Two Brewers with a friend it was a lovely evening si we sat outside overlooking the green. The pub was quiet when we arrived, our food came quickly and was served by a very polite and helpful waiter, i had ordered Mediterranean Chicken which consisted of very overcooked and stringy chicken on a bed of couscous with what tasted like tomato soup and a very unpleasent out of the bottle barbecue sauce, a few olives were thrown on top, not recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Libby1609

Travellers are raving about these Chipperfield hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here after going to the Warner Bros Studio Tour, only a 15 minute drive from the attraction.
Room was very spacious and clean. Staff were very friendly and the location was great.
Would stay there again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lou9593
Beijing
Reviewed 16 April 2014

They arranged a family room for us and we were looked after well. The food in the hotel is fine and the breakfast is either continental or cooked english breakfast (both charged for in addition to the room). Walking trails from nearby the hotel. Hotel looks onto a green which was popular with families.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

this hotel is very quaint and in a wonderful area, also not far from the Harry potter studios. The restaurant was wonderful the food was exquisite and myself and my husband ate there every night, we opted for the four poster room and it was beautifully decorated with an ensuite bathroom (although if I had one tiny thing to moan about, the bathroom could do with a little updating) all in all the staff were friendly the price was good and all the features I.e breakfast etc were brilliant

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex H
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

How did this get an award last year? The room is so dimly lit you can hardly see anything; the separate lamp didn't work and the manager knew he hadn't got a spare bulb; I had requested his presence because when I couldn't get the TV to leave the radio station it was tuned to, having tried 9 on the telephone, I then had to go and find someone, since there were no instructions re the telephone. (You press 0 apparently.) The staff were mostly silent and unwelcoming (when you could find one). I requested a child's breakfast and was told I had to be the child with a parent; when I said I'd had just such a breakfast at Heathrow Airport and why shouldn't I be able to have one at the Two Brewers, I got a frosty response - but the breakfast! And there are no, but no toiletries provided in the tiny bathroom. Might as well go to a Travelodge!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipperfield
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#6 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Best Western White House Hotel
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel

Been to Two Brewers Hotel? Share your experiences!