“Very good food”
Review of Two Brewers Hotel

Two Brewers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chipperfield
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Was recommended this pub by a colleague on our way to Sandown Park Surrey. I have the lasagne and I have to say that it was one of the most delicious I have tasted in a while. My colleague had the steak and ale pie and again it looked superb, nice ambience and facilities, very good staff, deco recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon G
There are newer reviews for Two Brewers Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Delighted to say that when I booked for a meal and mentioned previous iffy reviews the man answering phone said he had just taken over as new manager and things would be better and they were- much better than when I went a few years ago.
Lovely Sunday roasts though my salmon was overdone as were my broad beans. My starter which was meant to be stuffed mushrooms simply was mushrooms on half a bagel!!!
However fudge choc cake was good and service was good and in view of fears I had, the meal was good. The waitresses were attentive and alert. Maybe they are better trained but I noticed them scanning the tables to check we were all ok. They were unobtrusive and pleasant.
THE STARTER AS ABOVE NEEDS TO BE FIXED. but other than that not much else to improve.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked this at late notice on late rooms.net as wanted an overnight stay after a trip to whipsnade. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the place was considering some of the reviews I read on here. The room (double deluxe) was very cosy, nice big bed and the bathroom was in good condition. Very welcoming surroundings. We ate at the pub in the evening, I had the scallops to start followed by the burger and my partner had duck wings followed by the lamb. The food was a good standard and the pub was a pleasant place to sit for the evening. If I had one improvement the waiting service seemed slow, they seemed short staffed. The pub is in a nice location overlooking a cricket green so had a walk around there to walk off the food. A very nice place for a very reasonable price. Would have no hesitation in staying there again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We returned yesterday from an overnight stay at this lovely little place, a real gem. We booked a family room for ourselves and two children as we were going to the Warner Bros Studio Tour yesterday. Upon arrival I felt like I had stepped back in time, what a beautiful village, and setting for the Two Brewers. We checked in and found the lady on reception to be perfectly pleasant and helpful, and we then went to our room on the ground floor. The bed settee was already made up for the children and I have to say I was very impressed by the room, a fantastic 6 foot bed for us and contemporary furnishings and some lovely village print canvases on the walls. Tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer and iron and ironing board were provided. The room and bed linen was fresh and lovely and clean as was the bathroom and we had a pile of fresh towels. Yes the bathroom tiles were looking a little tired in places but not to the extent that it ruined my stay !!! maybe the bathrooms are next on the revamp list ? Anyway the bathroom was perfectly adequate. We had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant and found the prices to be very reasonable, the choice of food was great, and the service was swift. The food was piping hot when it arrived and I cannot fault it! We loved it so much that we returned for a spot of lunch the following day before we headed for home, again the food did not disappoint, nor the service. I found all of the staff to be friendly, approachable and helpful.
We also had breakfast here, the children had continental and we had cooked. There was a continual supply of scones, muffins etc, the children had toast from the kitchen which was on fantastic "proper" bread ! there was sufficient choice of yoghurts and cereals and juice etc and fresh fruit. The cooked breakfast was FAB! Yes it was one sausage but it was delicious and with a pile of bacon, mushrooms, egg, beans, tomato and toast and access to fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruit, and all the rest I feel that it was more than sufficient. The breakfast took a few minutes to arrive, but with it came the reassurance that it was freshly cooked, as it was also red hot.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would come back again most definately. In fact I am trying to think of a reason to stay there again as we speak (having now done the Harry Potter bit!). Room prices were very reasonable. I have read some of the earlier reviews and really do not know what people expect for their money. To me this place surpassed our expectations and we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J L
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Two Brewers is situated overlooking the village green and common in the pretty village of Chipperfield. It is not far from the M25 so an ideal place to use as a base for exploring the area. I had a pleasant one night stay, the room was comfortable, spacious and clean.There was a tea tray with a selection of teas and coffees (but no biscuits!). There was an iron and ironing board, but the hair dryer was missing. Liquid soap was available but no hair products. The staff were polite and welcoming but not really interested in their guests. I ate an evening meal which was served fairly quickly and was freshly cooked. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. The buffet table was laid out with cereals, fruit, a selection of bread, tea, coffee and fruit juice. I took ages for the waitress to take my order for a cooked breakfast. When the breakfast arrived it was a rather reduced version to the one detailed on the menu (one rasher of bacon and one tiny sausage instead of two of each). The sporadic footfall of guests meant that the coffee was well stewed and the fruit juices were diluted by the melted ice. There seemed to be the minimum amount of staff available at any one time. There was no evidence of any tourist information about the area, either in the public areas or in the room. This pub/hotel has such a lot of potential but the current management seem to be running it on a shoestring with no interest in encouraging the tourist trade. All in all, I had a pleasant enough stay and would recommend the Two Brewers as a good place to stopover for a night or two. I thought the room rates were rather high for the facilities available and I have experienced far better value for money in other places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I ate at The Two Brewers with a friend it was a lovely evening si we sat outside overlooking the green. The pub was quiet when we arrived, our food came quickly and was served by a very polite and helpful waiter, i had ordered Mediterranean Chicken which consisted of very overcooked and stringy chicken on a bed of couscous with what tasted like tomato soup and a very unpleasent out of the bottle barbecue sauce, a few olives were thrown on top, not recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Libby1609
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here after going to the Warner Bros Studio Tour, only a 15 minute drive from the attraction.
Room was very spacious and clean. Staff were very friendly and the location was great.
Would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou9593
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipperfield
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#7 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham
Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead

Been to Two Brewers Hotel? Share your experiences!