“Stunning food!”

The Greenman
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Fownhope
Price range: US$14 - US$52
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You have the hotel listed but not the restraurant, makes it harder to find, also it should have herefordshire in search function otherwise it makes it hard to find.
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is a wonderfully atmospheric place, all the food is freshly cooked. The flavours are just amazing - has to be the best meal myself and my husband have ever eaten. I would love to know how the get the duck so tender.

Staff are very friendly and attentive.

This is well worth going to - book early!

2  Thank tyrone-lass

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We're lucky enough to have The Green Man as our local as it's a great place to eat and chill for a few hours. The staff are very friendly, attentive and welcoming.

The food is excellent and the menu changes regularly enough to have something new to try every time we go. They have a really nice variety of dishes ranging from your Herefordshire classics like steak to some more avant garde dishes like escargot (snails).

There's a great selection of wines available from around the world which is regularly refreshed. My personal favorite is bin 14 (a sauvignon blanc) which I can highly recommend.

The staff are very accommodating and the chef more than willing to cook your dish just the way you like it -he's even agreed to make me sauces not on the menu before.

Absolutely superb and an asset to Herefordshire.

1  Thank timgaunt
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The atmosphere and layout was cosy, relaxed and friendly. The waiter the best I have ever come across. His professionalism to know the best moment to approach was impeccable. The food, although a small choice, was amazing and the best I have had in a long time.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

The Greenman, without doubt has:- Excellent Food; Excellent Rooms; Excellent Ambience; all of which has been created by its Excellent staff.

I was fortunate to meet the head chef on the second day after enjoying one of the finest meals I have had in a very long time. My wife and I fought over my sticky toffee pudding…I lost. James sat with us for about 30 minutes before going off to prep for that evening, It was clear from the conversation that his passion for his profession came through in the food he and his team cooked.

The bar and restaurant was busy on both nights. Ramone (Ray aka Frank Spencer), Sue, Simon and the rest of the team worked tirelessly to ensure all were looked after. Nothing was too much trouble. The same was true of the staff covering the breakfast.

Even the team of cleaners who worked in the background to ensure the rooms were maintained to high standard should be acknowledged.

My only criticism would be the Chips…They tasted fantastic…we had extra helpings … BUT they were cooked in nut oil. With more and more becoming allergic to nuts is it worth considering that something be written in the menu to indicate this.

To the owners of The Greenman thank you for making my stay a memorable one.

Keep up the good work

Paul (& Sue,Carol, Dominic)

Reviewed 6 May 2012

To the owners of The Greenman thank you for making my stay a memorable one.

Keep up the good work

Paul (& Sue,Carol, Dominic)