See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a very enjoyable experience in The Silver Cup, the landlord and all staff were more than willing to go the extra mile to make our visit very satisfying, the range of drinks were very vast and reasonably priced. We also had a meal when we visited which was exceptional with a menu to cater for all, the produce was fresh, tasty and good value for the money.
Our overall experience was excellent and will be revisiting and recommending this pub to others.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 186338484DavidC
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Booking through Expedia was easy.
E-mails was answered quickly. However, it seems like there there was 3 or 4 different people answering my emails. One good thing about this is they were saying the same information. Suggestion- there should be a way for you to trace who has dealt with inquiries then hand over to the next person (if needed)
Stay was lovely- staff are very good, the quality of rooms are reasonable and was clean too.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Westerntraveller19
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I didn't know what to expect of pub accommodation as i usually use hotels. I was very impressed with the Silver cup. Very friendly, room was comfortable, good size with great en suite. It will be my accommodation of choice next time i am in harpenden.

Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank Trishanneb
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

We were in Harpenden for a wedding and I needed somewhere to disappear for a while before the celebration started. I chose The Silver Cup on the recommendation of a friend who used to live in the town.
I was made most welcome; the beer was good and they made me a very delicious BLT sandwich from scratch and all at a reasonable price.
My only criticism is that they suddenly put on music. Just too loud. And 'power ballads'. Apart from me there were there fairly elderly ladies in the other bar and neither party looked like Bonnie Tyler fans, I do so wish that pub staff would learn that just sometimes quiet is perfectly acceptable. And subjecting your customers to your choice of music is usually wrong.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is a decent, friendly and comfortable pub B&B that's a bit rough around the edges in terms of service, premises and accommodation. There's absolutely nothing wrong in that of course. However for the room rate, you'd expect a bit more. Unfortunately this is fairly typical for the Harpenden / St Albans area, which has a dearth of quality, budget hotel accommodation.

Date of stay: June 2012