I'd organised a 30th birthday party for my husband at Pasta Cibo for Saturday 26th April with 19 guests who had all pre-ordered from a set menu.
The restaurant were very helpful and friendly in the lead up to the event and I had been really impressed and prepared to give a good sized tip to thank them.
On Tuesday I visited the restaurant to discuss the menu - we agreed a set price for a set menu, which was written down for me. We had the table booked for 6.30 and the restaurant asked that we vacate the table by 8.30pm, which we agreed was absolutely fine.
The disappointment came at 8.22pm when the ice cream (which was part of the set menu hadn't arrived). I queried with the restaurant if they still needed us to leave at 8.30pm, to which the answer was yes, to which I said it'd probably be worth bringing the ice cream out then as we only had 8 mins!! The waiter went off and then came back and said can we have a chat at the bar-
When I went behind the bar I was confronted by the waiter, the boss and his wife - to which they told me they were not bringing the ice cream because it's a Saturday night and the price we agreed wasn't enough for ice cream too and I'd need to pay more for dessert.
Keeping in mind that I'd discussed this face to face with his wife and waiter on Tuesday (I have our agreement written down on paper) and that they'd decided to change the agreed set menu without telling me (i.e. were simply not going to bring the ice cream out had I not asked) - At 8 months pregnant, with a party of 20 guests all waiting for the final part of their set menu, I was horrified to have been confronted in this way.
Issue was 'resolved' when I said, 'that's fine, I can't force you to fulfil our agreement but I'm happy to post a trip advisor review with some photos', to which the owner said, 'look it's out fault, we'll bring you the ice cream'.
Other ares of disappointment:
- the I cream was brought out in sundae glasses- 1 glass per four people and we were required to scoop out our own ice cream into our own plates (was expecting it to be brought out to us on plates and not presented in self-service style in a restaurant!)
- they didn't bring us a bill at all and just asked for the money quite coldly (presumably our table didn't go through the books??)
- there was absolutely no 'thank you, goodnight' from the serving staff or owners (clearly they felt bitter about the agreed £22 for a starter, main course and two scoops of ice-cream, but that was what we agreed face to face and what I had written down, in their hand-writing on their paper and also more than if we'd just ordered the individual items from their menu!).
- One of the mains was described as having 'two king-sized prawns' but all our guest eating that particular dish only had 1 prawn
- the pizzas weren't evenly cooked with some guests saying it had a soggy middle and some of the ingredient weren't cooked onto the pizza but just chucked on cold (mushrooms and peppers).
It really disappoints me to leave a negative review as they had been so helpful in the lead up, but the last fifteen minutes stressed and upset me unnecessarily, so needless to say I removed the planned tip and won't be returning.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.