“Out with the family”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Went with my daughter, son in law and new baby for Sunday Lunch - Eat as much as you like. Usually the a la carte menu is quite expensive but is always worth it as you get brilliant food. The Sunday Buffet is £12 per person + drinks, which makes this very economical. You don't have to wait for servings, you just go up and pick what you like. My favourite starter is always seawead, and I had seconds of that. Then I had picks of lots of other dishes - twice again. Plenty of prawn crackers to take to the table too. Then the afters. You can have just as many afters as befores. I was too full to have seconds of afters. The food was delicious as always, but did get cold on the plate quite quickly if you are not a fast eater. My daughter does not eat pork so the waitress got her sweet and sour chicken instead at no extra charge. The staff are very quick to help you. We all had a great time and remained feeling full until well into the evening when only a small snack supper was needed. LOVELY.

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Just been for an excellent meal yet again at the best Chinese restaurant, service is always friendly and efficient can't fault it. Food as always is superb definitely can't complain and whoever has complained on here must be getting confused with somewhere else. I would definitely recommend a trip there to anyone!!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Whilst the food was always excellent here as far as I remember, this restaurant has also now improved with much better service - the "table turning" culture seems to have stopped.

Still reasonable value for excellent Chinese cuisine; ironically the only thing I would say now is that the service is a bit too hands-on (waiters putting their arms around your partner whilst trying to show them how to eat a lobster wouldn't cut it for everyone), but it all seemed pretty harmless, and you'd have to give 10/10 for effort - and they genuinely seem to care about the food they serve. Certainly they couldn't do enough for you.

Worth a visit in my opinion.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Top quality restaurant, excellent staff and good food, have been eating here for years and you can taste the quality and notice the difference if you go elsewhere. We commute from Barnet just to eat in Chef Peking the best Chinese restaurants Rachael & her team look after you so well you could not hope for better, they are extremely attentive and I would highly recommend Chef Peking to anyone, I am told that they are currently planning a full refurbishment and I can't wait to return and see the place when it has been done.

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Over the years this has been a regular place for us to visit. This trip was a special one as we were meeting some good friends and wanted a relaxed friendly atmosphere to have a good catch up. The food was perfect, freshly cooked and extremely tasty, our children snaffled almost a whole duck between them, it's really that good. The staff were extremely attentive and enjoyed teaching our girls some Chinese, all in all a great evening out.

Date of visit: July 2012