“Best Chinese I have had in years”
Review of Chef Peking

Chef Peking
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Harpenden
Price range: US$26 - US$51
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We ate her on New Years evening, myself partner and 5 year old daughter. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and gave very good advice about quantities, spiciness and what would be suitable for my daughter. The food was excellent. We had the usual crispy duck but also satay and ribs - the satay sauce was the best ever......I will definitely return here next time I am in the area - I never consider myself a fan of Chinese food probably because I have never had a meal like this one before.

Date of visit: January 2013
1  Thank Nikki M

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Great and tasty food! Staff very friendly and funny, kept making jokes all evening! Good value for money as well. Can't wait to go back soon!

Date of visit: October 2012
3  Thank JoanaP87
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Went with my daughter, son in law and new baby for Sunday Lunch - Eat as much as you like. Usually the a la carte menu is quite expensive but is always worth it as you get brilliant food. The Sunday Buffet is £12 per person + drinks, which makes this very economical. You don't have to wait for servings, you just go up and pick what you like. My favourite starter is always seawead, and I had seconds of that. Then I had picks of lots of other dishes - twice again. Plenty of prawn crackers to take to the table too. Then the afters. You can have just as many afters as befores. I was too full to have seconds of afters. The food was delicious as always, but did get cold on the plate quite quickly if you are not a fast eater. My daughter does not eat pork so the waitress got her sweet and sour chicken instead at no extra charge. The staff are very quick to help you. We all had a great time and remained feeling full until well into the evening when only a small snack supper was needed. LOVELY.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Just been for an excellent meal yet again at the best Chinese restaurant, service is always friendly and efficient can't fault it. Food as always is superb definitely can't complain and whoever has complained on here must be getting confused with somewhere else. I would definitely recommend a trip there to anyone!!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Whilst the food was always excellent here as far as I remember, this restaurant has also now improved with much better service - the "table turning" culture seems to have stopped.

Still reasonable value for excellent Chinese cuisine; ironically the only thing I would say now is that the service is a bit too hands-on (waiters putting their arms around your partner whilst trying to show them how to eat a lobster wouldn't cut it for everyone), but it all seemed pretty harmless, and you'd have to give 10/10 for effort - and they genuinely seem to care about the food they serve. Certainly they couldn't do enough for you.

Worth a visit in my opinion.

Date of visit: October 2012