“Only visited bloody hollow but liked it.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hatfield House

Hatfield House
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Hatfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Hatfield House is the home of the 7th Marquess and Marchioness of Salisbury and their family. The Estate has been in the Cecil family for 400 years. Superb examples of Jacobean craftsmanship can be seen throughout the House. Hatfield House is open from Easter Saturday to 30th September each year.
LONDON
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Only visited bloody hollow but liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Only visited bloody hollow so my view is a bit limited in scope. Reason it's not a five only a three is because there were no toilet facilities near by so my 4yr old daughter got a bit stuck

It's free to use though

1 Thank 365drills

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
UK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Overpriced for a family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited in the august school holiday, The entrance was £32 for a family of four - which was just to visit the park and west garden - so was expecting something magnificent! Luckily the sculpture trail was on during our visit so this kept the girls amused for the walk through the gardens which were very nice but £32!!! The adventure playground was included in the ticket which was good but too young for my 12 and 9 year old, if you wanted to visit the farm this was an extra £14 - so declined this as could see most of the animals from the picnic area outside. it is a lovely place but I have been to nicer country parks which do not charge this much for entry - probably an attraction not aimed at the family market. Will not be visiting again and would not recommend to friends. A real shame.

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Garden and grounds visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

An excellent day trip from St Albans to the beautiful and extensive grounds of the house.
Lots of walking to be done in the rolling landscape. A shorter walk around the highly manicured gardens adjacent to the house is also lovely.

Visited July 2014
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A grand old home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

It had been several years since we visited Hatfield House and we were glad we revisited. It's a short 30-minute train trip from Kings Cross rail station and when you arrive in Hatfield the train station is just across the road from Hatfield House. It couldn't have been more convenient.

We rented an audio guide to take around the house which provided us with information room by room--sometimes too much information. A sculpture exhibition was a nice surprise. The diverse sculptures were scattered around the extensive gardens.

A nice cafe provided a pleasant lunch.

1 Thank Janet L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The poorest customer service ever seen!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am absolutely sad and disgusted by HH staff. I have read a few reviews about HH and its staff, but I was not so lucky to get even inside to experience the rest of the staff. I live in Hatfield, so I have tried to obtain the resident pass for what I have to pay anyway. I visited HH on Saturday and I was told that I can get the resident pass only on Monday and Tuesday, the Hatfield House itself is open only from Wednesday to Sunday. Anyway I came again on Tuesday the 12th of August at 10:30am and I was told that I am at the wrong entrance and I have to go somewhere else. Unfortunately there is one guy who cannot produce the resident pass for me, but the lady will cover his lunch break around 13:00, so I can come back at that time and she is really sorry about it. Well I was there with my boyfriend, so I said you can see me know and here is my bill – so can he come alone, as I have to work. It was not possible of course, as they have to take a picture of me. Never mind I have asked my boss to leave work for one hour to go to Hatfield house around 13:00. When we get there, there was a guy again that told us, that the resident passes have run out. The poorest customer service I have ever seen!!!!!!

5 Thank Katerina W