“My Wedding 10th May 2012”
Review of Ramada Hatfield

Ramada Hatfield
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
St Albans, United Kingdom
“My Wedding 10th May 2012”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I had my wedding reception at the hotel, it was an intimate party of around 30 guests and we supplied the table decorations etc ourselves which the hotel staff gladly arranged for us in the room, they went above and beyond my expectations and the room looked stunning. The food we chose was delicious and the service was 5 star in my eyes. I would highly recommend this hotel for any wedding/function big or small. We also stayed the night in the 'room at the top' at the hotel and the room was lovely with all the mod cons and a huge bath!

The staff are very friendly and helpful and made sure we were well looked after throughout the day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carmela1617
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for your review. The whole team are delighted you had a great day. My team love serving at Wedding Receptions, they are such happy occasions. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Hebden
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Generally good service, though I found I had to be assertive about the fact my radiator wasn't working - they eventually sent up a fan heater!

When they take the credit card imprint, they take £30 off. Annoying for the business traveller like me whose bill is paid by the organisation. There is also a charge for the Internet - less usual these days at hotels. You only get the £30 back after a couple of days. Contrast this with the 4 star hotel I was at the day before - they take £1! So, are they doing this for cash flow reasons? I don't think they should be applying this charge for business travellers where the bill is guaranteed.

Hotel is not that glamorous but my room is clean and tidy - definitely a case of getting what you pay for! Opposite the De Havilland Campus of Herts University which is very handy

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for your review; I pleased you found the hotel clean & tidy and the service good.

In response to your feedback on the charge to your card. This is not actually a charge, it is an authorisation. An authorisation only reserves the hotel the amount authorised and if unused is automatically released by the card company. The amount authorised is the amount of credit available to the guest during their stay and can be reduced or increased to the individual guests' credit requirements. The hotel only authorises cards if a guest wishes to charge additional charges not covered by an organisation for example a bar drink. Guests can pay as they go at the bar or restaurant if they wish instead of the hotel taking a card authorisation. From my experience working in many hotels the four star hotel you mentioned were only charging one pound as they were just checking that the card was a valid working card and not using it to guarantee payment for anything. I hope this helps clarify why the hotel operates these procedures.
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here from work for about three weeks. My feelings are that this hotel is old and outdated and needs a fortune spending on renovating the hotel. The staff are all very good, however standards of cleanliness in bedroom can be hit and miss. Meals in restaurant felt like they were trying to target a higher class market than what the hotel afforded. Maybe should have focussed on providing good quality pub grub than providing that standard with an a la class name.

• Stayed March 2012
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you found the staff all very good. I will share your review with them.

I am disappointed to read your feedback regarding our menu as we do offer an array of comfort foods including Burgers, Bangers & Mash, Fish & Chips, BBQ Chicken & Chicken Curry.

I will discuss your feedback regarding the bathroom with my Head Housekeeper; apologies for this. I am also optimistic that the hotel will benefit from some investment in the not too distance future.

Travellers are raving about these Hatfield hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here with 17 twelve-year-old boys and their parents (a football/soccer team from Canada). The staff at the hotel were willing to go above and beyond at every turn. My son got sick one night and the bar was closed, but they opened up just to get him some juice. We kept losing and confusing room cards and each time they replaced them, it with with a smile. The service at our meals was also top notch - feeding such a big group can't be easy. When I indicated my special food requests, a new meal arrived quickly. Breakfast was very fresh - love that they cut fruit up, doesn't come from a can/container. They were also happy to make an omelette if you wish - very attentive.

The hotel is rather old and could do with an upgrade in the halls - I think the rooms have been updated recently. I had some trouble sleeping as noise was an issue with some rather raucous neighbours, but that can happen anywhere. It is directly across from a university and the weather was very nice, so there was a lot of noise at nighttime outside the hotel with the window open as well.

Great to have the shops directly across if you need anything. Wish they had wi-fi in the rooms and not just the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the university/road might be a bit noisier
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your great review of our service. I will share your review with my team. I know they enjoyed having your group stay with us. I am also optimistic that the hotel will benefit from some investment in the not too distance future.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had to stay 1 night in Hatfield and chose the old Comet Roundabout Hotel which is now owned by Ramada Hotels.
Room 1429 was great value at a price of £54. The hotel was clean and staff helpful. We paid extra for breakfast which was good and plenty of choice.

• Stayed April 2012
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you Chris for your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and felt you got good value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back! If other Tripadvisor reviewers are thinking of booking a stay with us and would like room 1429 please contact me direct on gm@ramadahatfieldhotel.co.uk
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here on BB last weekend. Check-in quick and efficient. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Good car park with plenty of room to park. Hotel looking a little tired on the outside but inside very nice and relaxing. Hotel room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was delicious as was the evening meal. Hotel is located 2 minutes walk across the road from The Galleria Shopping Precinct where you will find plenty of places to eat and shop. The nearest train station is just ten minutes drive away or taxi if you prefer (taxi cost ~£7.00 - all day parking at the station £6.99). The return fare into London including underground ticket covering zones 1-7, is £13.00. The trains are frequent and take approximately 25 minutes to London, Kings Cross. This hotel is great value compared with the cost of London hotels and the transport links make it easy to visit the capital.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LOUISA23
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Hatfield Hotel. We are delighted you found everything to your satisfaction. You are right the hotel is ideally located for a daytrip to London and our weekend rates are great value!
UK
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Have had to use the Ramada in Hatfield for business a few times, and have some observations.

Pros - Staff are of a far higher calibre than the hotel deserves. Hotel is clean and reasonably well maintained

Cons - Food is simultaneously very expensive, and terribly limited choice and poor quality. Rooms are overpriced. Facilities such as WiFi are also dear.

Summary - wouldn't stay here if I was paying the bill, and actually resent wasting my company's money on the food when I do stay here. Assume that the only way it continues to trade is with corporate guests staying who have no choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Hatfield Hotel. We are delighted you found our staff of a high calibre and the property clean & well maintained. In January we lowered the price of the dishes on all our menus in response to feedback from our guests. We are currently writing a new menu for introduction in May and would welcome your suggestions for dishes and price points you would like to see on a menu; my e-mail is gm@ramadahatfieldhotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22

Been to Ramada Hatfield? Share your experiences!