“Restuarant amazing food”
Review of Ramada Hatfield

Ramada Hatfield
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I come with my family to have a meal the staff was lovely and very willing to help we ordered our food 3 course meal and each course was lovely my compliments to the chef mr Ahmed maatoug who personally came out to make sure everything was as we wanted it and he also asked how other customers meals were very nice pleasant evening

Stayed: April 2014
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review. What a fantastic review, thank you. It is great to read how attentive and committed my Sous Chef Ahmed has been. I will be sure to thank him. We look forward to wecoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We only stayed 1 night here as on a national coach holiday Harry Potter weekend, I will get the nasty out of the way first which was the evening meal, it was awful the potatoes were tasteless the veg was nearly raw and the Beef Stew had pickled onions and I think it was chunks of swede in it, I don't like fish much which was the other choice but again the veg was no good and the other choice was veg pasta, although the chocolate gateaux was gorgeous I ended up eating a sandwich in our room that we had bought at the service station and not eaten.
Now the good bits the room was very clean, nicely decorated, got things like kettle, tea, milk, biscuits, hairdryer, iron, ironing board so everything you would need we could not complain at all about the room the bed was a dream to sleep in never been away and slept so well could do with knowing what make of mattress they use as better than mine at home.
The breakfast was really good we did get put in a room off the main dining room though and had to keep walking through for anything we wanted but not too bad if you let the rush get out of the way. The breakfast tasted lovely I don't usually bother with breakfast but I did have toast and some of the cooked breakfast which was really nice the sausages were really nice and plenty to choose from but no fried eggs being in the other room we didn't get asked about the fried eggs but the scrambled egg was very nice.
Overall not a bad hotel just shame evening meal let it down, it did have 2 coach parties in and a wedding party so maybe thats why it was so poor.
Our room was room 20 on the ground floor and was very quiet.

Room Tip: our room was lovely and quiet even though a wedding party was going on we didn't hear anything f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased you found our bedrooms clean, comfortable and well equipped. The comfy mattresses you mention are made by Hypnos; I do hope you are able to locate a great mattress for your home.
I am also pleased you enjoyed our breakfast. Admittedly with a full hotel we do utilise our banqueting suite just by our restaurant to accommodate all our guests for breakfast. We do serve fried eggs but they are available on request as they do not hold well on a buffet hot plate.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your evening meal; the fact that we were so busy had no bearing on the dishes served. The beef stew contained baby onions not pickled onions and this is a normal ingredient for a beef stew. It is often hard to cater for everyone's taste when catering for a diverse group of people and as you point out there were three choices for the main meal. I am however glad you enjoyed the chocolate gateaux!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel exterior is very art deco style at the front but looks a little out dated at the back - dont let this put you off. The interior is nice and welcoming and we had a lovely greeting at reception with the easiest check in I can remember at a hotel. Car parking is free, you just need to register the Reg no on their computer. Our room was lovely, large, spotlessly clean and very pretilly decorated. Well equipped with fan and iron and ironing board and the usual coffee/tea stuff. Free WiFi and a good selection of channels on the TV made relaxing in the room easy. The Murder Mystery was great fun. We sat at a table with 8 strangers but were soon laughing and joking together so the ice was soon broken. The actors were good fun with a cast member/suspect sat at the table eating with us and between courses the rest of the cast mingled so that you could interrogate them (we were lucky enough to have Jugs sitting with us, she played her character brilliantly!). Clues were pinned to several flip charts around the room so that you could investigate. The food served was a set meal but very nice and hot. Your were given the option of a vegetarian meal if you preferred. The mystery drew to a conclusion at the end of coffee and the murderer unmasked (we got it wrong :( ) Went back to our room for a night cap and had a good nights sleep. Corridors very quiet and no disturbance from traffic despite being on a road - the windows blocked the sound completely. Breakfast as very nice indeed. Fresh prepared fruit, nicely cooked hot food but you need to remember to order fried eggs as you are seated as the hotel cooks these fresh for each guest which is much nicer than the normal hard congealed offerings in most places. All the staff (all nationalities) were cheery, friendly and incredibly helpfull. Will defintely be going back for another visit and night of entertainment.

Room Tip: We were in a room called a suite so am not sure if they differ from a normal room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am pleased to read you found our bedroom clean, well equipped and decorated and large; most of our rooms are above average in size. Also pleased to read you had a good breakfast and heartened to read such great comments about my wonderful team!
I am delighted you enjoyed the Murder Mystery evening, I agree the actors are very good. We are running many more of these evenings throughout the year so look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here with our guests the night of our wedding. Our room was the main bridal suite, which was very spacious and clean, if not a little dated. Huge bath tub and a great jet shower which was fab. The room itself wasn't very comfortable to sleep in, not enough pillows for the bed (and no spares in the wardrobe) and the room was boiling hot! (And this was on a cold night in October) So not a good nights sleep. Our guests complained that their rooms were also very warm, and there seemed to be a problem with the hot water in all of our guests rooms (a note was sellotaped to the shower saying that it will take at least 10 mins for hot water) We also had a guest with a blocked toilet, and they were told nothing could be done about it.

Breakfast the next morning was really lovely. You could have as much as you wanted and the quality was very good. All in all, a mixed bag, but for the price we paid...I expected much more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your 3 star review. I am pleased to read you found the bridal suite clean and spacious and enjoyed the bath for two and japanese shower jets. I am also pleased to read you enjoyed breakfast.
Additional pillows are available on request however I will get some extra pillows put in this particular room.
I am sorry you found the bedrooms hot. The bedrooms all have radiators which are fully controllable by the guest. My housekeeping should turn the heating controls down when servicing a bedroom so incoming guests do not come into a sauna; I will check they are definately doing this.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
41 Great North Road
41 Great North Road
#1 of 4 in Hatfield

Been to Ramada Hatfield? Share your experiences!