“Great stay, Great staff”
Review of Ramada Hatfield

Ramada Hatfield
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great stay, Great staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed over for two nights on the 24th and 25th whilst doing some work for the university. The room was great, nice and comfy and quiet, food in the restaurant was varied a tasted great.
The lad working the graveyard shift on Saturday was brilliant, was talking to me for hours about allot of interesting things and really knew his stuff! Great stay, thankyou!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am pleased to read you found your room comfy & quiet and delighted you found our menu varied & the food tasty. It is especially pleasing to read you received great service from my team, even those working the graveyard shift!
The hotel is located just opposite the University of Hertfordshire so very convenient for guest lecturers or conference delegates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

That's all I can say, some parts of the hotel could do with a lick of paint but that's on a negative note, the plus side of that the staff are friendly ,a spacious bar area with a good choice of beers and wines! Self service breakfast which is a good idea ... Yes I would stay again!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your 4 star review and thank you for your recommendation. I am really pleased you found my team so friendly and I agree our bar is spacious especially compared to many other local hotels and eateries in Hatfield. The hotels walls do get knocked about alot and do not painting often; we did paint one of the bar walls just recently and will be moving on to paint other areas shortly.
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I come with my friends and family to have a meal the staff were lovely and very helpful we ordered our food three course meal and each course it was lovely and we enjoyed every bit of it ,my compliments to the young chef MR Ahmed who personal came out to make sure everything was going the way we wanted he also asked other customers meal were...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am delighted you & your family enjoyed your dining experience. Ahmed is our Sous Chef and an excellent chef. I am pleased to read that Ahmed makes a point of interacting with his customers, I think this is very important. I do eat at the hotel once a week myself to ensure the team are delivering a high standard of food. In fact I enjoyed a three course meal tonight cooked by Ahmed from our Specials Menu and it was delicious!
Luton
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Currently staying at this hotel at the moment. Now planning to leave early and find another hotel. I booked this hotel as it is the closed place to various meetings I have. Booked into an exec room and cannot believe how basic it is. Tiny hotel room and a bathroom you can barely walk in.

Have to walk around a maze of confusing corridors just to find my room each time.

Just tried to order room service and took several attempts to get them to answer the phone. Most of the items marked available 24 hours I tried to order are not available, even the starters, Just spoke to the manager who was of no help whatsoever.

Never staying here again.

Seriously recommend you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would like to see what a good room actually looks like.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I have just returned from holiday and am informed my Deputy General Manager has contacted you by telephone and has personally discussed your review with you.

I am sorry to read you did not like our Executive Bedrooms. Most of our bedrooms are above average in size. We do have 3 Superior Bedrooms which do offer additional space. The Executive Bedrooms offer additional facilities rather than additional space; bed toppers, executive toiletries, hot chocolate, slippers, leather reclining chairs & Japanese shower jets. The Executive Bedrroms also offer quieter locations or garden views; this is why they are located at the back of the hotel which sadly does mean a little walk but worth it.

I apologise you were not able to order the 24 hour room service items you wanted; some of these dishes were so popular that particular night that we sold out. We do try to judge the popularity of our dishes but sometimes get this wrong.

Travellers are raving about these Hatfield hotels

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just stayed for one night to attend function at University nearby. I was initially nervous due to less than favorable reviews. The stay was very pleasant the rooms comfortable and there was an iron and ironing board in the room as well as a fan. The rooms were warm but the heating could be turned down easily. Breakfast was self service and there was a wide range of cereals fruits breads and usual hot food. I found the staff particularly at the front desk most helpful and accommodating.

The hotel was in very easy reach of both campus areas of the university and the Galleria shopping center. There was a bus link to Stanstead Airport.

The hotel may be older and could do with some attention to sprucing up certain areas but I was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful 4 star review. I am so pleased you were able to judge the hotel first hand and delighted you enjoyed your visit. The hotel is older but as you discovered the rooms are comfortable and the hotel is very well located! I am pleased you found the Front Desk team helpful and accommodating; I will pass on your thanks to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

One thing I cannot fault are the hotel staff - they ere lovely and very helpful.

The main issue I had was the bathroom - the shower was tiny. And as there was no mirror in the bedroom I was attempting to do my makeup in the bathroom mirror except the positioning of the toilet meant every time you got close to the mirror the flush handle stabbed you in the leg (I am now left with a rather large bruise). When I first entered the room the toilet paper was also empty and I had to fill it myself. The shower head was also in desperate need of cleaning.

Myself and a friend shared a twin room - the single bed was on wheels and moved very easily. The room was also very stuffy and it was very difficult to get the temperature of the room down.

The beds were comfortable and there was a large tv if you wanted to watch tv. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided but there is no mini fridge.

Breakfast is £10 - we deemed this highly expensive and walked across to the university who have a restaurant where you can get a full english breakfast with a drink for under £5.

Room Tip: Don't pay for breakfast - go to the galleria or university restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your 3 star review. I am pleased to read you found the beds comfortable and liked the large TV; we have recently upgraded all bedroom TVs to 32" in all standard bedrooms & 37" in all executive bedrooms. I am particularly pleased to read you found my team to be lovely & very helpful.
I am sorry to read you found the shower tiny, this is not a comment I hear often; our shower cubicles are similar or larger to those in most homes. I am also sorry to hear you found your room stuffy; all bedrooms have radiators which are fully controllable by the guest and windows that open.
I am unaware of any bedroom without a mirror in it so will carry out a full survey of all bedrooms to double check all do have a mirror.
£10 for breakfast is actually a reduction off our normal selling price of £11.95. I was unaware that the university operated a restaurant that was open to the public so will definately pop in to investigate this competition. Our breakfast price also includes drinks however our drinks are unlimited as well as our eat as much as you like hot & cold breakfast buffet!
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for 2 nights. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Had lovely sleep, staff helpful and friendly. Didnt eat here so cannot comment on food. They have a restaurant and bar. Would defo stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for your 4 star review. I am delighted you found our rooms clean & comfortable and my staff helpful & friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and maybe you can try our restaurant & bar; the review before your review really does rate the food & service at the hotel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Ardmore House
Ardmore House
#8 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Ramada Hatfield? Share your experiences!