“World Cup night - slow service”
Review of Harvester Galleria

Harvester Galleria
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvester Galleria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 80 Restaurants in Hatfield
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Harvester Galleria situated in the Galleria shopping complex in Hatfield. We are on the upper floors and we are open from 11.30am-9pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am-9pm Saturday and 9.30am-8pm Sunday. We serve breakfast on weekends only from 9.30am-11.30am. Main meals are served from 11.30am everyday. During the week we have a £7.99 lunch time menu ideal for a quick bite to eat and every evening we have a £10.99 evening menu. We also have a full childrens menu with a free activity pack these meals start from £3.99. Every meal also comes with a free unlimited salad fresh from our sald bar. We are close to Hatfield University, Welwyn Garden City, Welham Green, Lemsford, Wheathampsted.
“World Cup night - slow service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat here on a World Cup night to celebrate my birthday. Arrived at 730pm waitress friendly but food delivered a very long time after ordering. Desserts arrived 20 minutes after order but only 3 tables seated. Ice cream had melted. Waited 10 minutes for waiter to return with card machine so decided to get up and pay. Appalled that restaurant not managed well enough to have enjoyed the night out!!!!

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Galleria, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.

• Polish first
Battle, United Kingdom
“Nice meal, friendly staff, but not enough of them on duty”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited just after 2pm and restaurant was about half full. Most of the empty tables were dirty. We were greeted promptly and told it would be about 10 minutes for a table and to take a seat in the bar area. It was at this point we realised they were understaffed. We could not get a drink at the bar as the person was helping clear tables, and several kitchen staff were also doing the same. We were shown to the table within the suggested wait time. The staff that were on duty were doing a great job, were friendly and attentive, but it was evident they were under pressure. There were 7 of us eating and we all enjoyed the food. If it was better staffed it would have made for a more relaxed dining experience.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Not great !”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were shopping in the Galleria so went for a late lunch in the Harvester, only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. The staff were very good and service efficient. We helped ourselves to the salad bar which was not great but OK. We had different main meals, one had gammon, one had burger and other ribs and I had half a roast chicken, the chicken was not very hot and didnt eat much of it, the peas were horrible, the jacket potato bit hard. The other meals were OK. Overall we ate our meals but they were nothing special and would not eat here again.

• Visited June 2014
We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Today my sister and I went to have lunch today. My sister had ordered the chicken breast and I had ordered the steak. Once the food had arrived I began to eat the steak which only to find that it was tough and couldn't eat. I told the waitress and she had got me another one. The second one had came but found it worse then the first one. After my attempts of butchering the steak and trying to eat, I decided to leave it. Aimee our waitress had seen that I didn't eat it and had said to me that she would bring the manager even without me asking. The manager Matt had come and apologized and even had taken my meal off the bill. Despite the steak had been tough to eat I will definitely come back to this Harvester but will order something else. Aimee and Matt had been very polite and professional unlike the staff in Nandos in the Galleria which I definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone as they are rude and arrogant.

• Visited June 2014
We are sorry that had disappointing visit to our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
London, United Kingdom
“Food good service okish”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Me and family went here the food was good my ribs where a little burnt but was good staff not so good we felt like we was not important to them

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your meal with us on our Trip Advisor page. We were disappointed to read that you were not satisfied in your visit to the Harvester Galleria, and we have replied to you personally about this.