“Amazing Staff”

Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently stayed at Hatfield Oak hotel on the All inclusive package and couldn't fault a thing. All the staff are amazing especially Allison.
The food and service is fantastic and I would highly recommend a stay to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hannah P
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your kind review. I was very pleased to read you had such a good time at the hotel and were well look after by Allison and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night as part of a deal with the Harry Potter studio tour. The hotel was easy to get to by car. First impressions of the room.. Comfortable, clean with a nice tv and tea and coffee facilities.

However, I was disappointed with the bathroom, as the bath and shower area clearly hadn't been cleaned at all, as there were hairs in the bath, a USED soap in the soap tray and blue shower gel on the tiles.

We chose this hotel over the comfort inn as the previous reviews were much better for this hotel, however the cleanliness of the bathroom really disappointed me.

Also the sheets didn't seem to fit the bed as we woke up in the night to have to remake the bed, as the sheets would move at the slightest movement!!

We spent some time in the bar and I didn't catch the names of the gentlemen who served us but they were very polite and friendly! The same cannot be said for the blonde lady who served us on checkout. I explained we had previously paid online whilst paying for the tour tickets, just to see if that would help our checkout in anyway, and she abuptly told us to wait a minute again whilst she was looking at the info on the computer. As we were walking away from the desk the lady next to her with short dark hair very politely and genuinely asked if we had enjoyed our stay, which the other receptionist didn't seem bothered to ask us. We said yes and left as we were in a hurry so didn't have time to explain about the room.

Overall the cleanliness and the checkout spoiled it slightly, but everything you need for a night away and good value for money with the studio tour ticket, and the majority of the staff were very friendly! We didn't try the food so not able to comment on that aspect. Hope this review helps other travellers in some way:)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KatieSusan
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for your review.

I was very concerned to read that your bathroom was not cleaned, clearly we fell short of our standards and also failed to check your room properly. Sorry.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us in future.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is our third stay at this hotel on their all inclusive package, the food is amazing the staff cant do enough for you and alison in the restaraunt is is an absolute star .
The rooms are clean and comfortable as are the lounge areas and restaraunt,you can get the train form the town and in 20 mins you are in London, go and visit this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: never had a bad room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased to read that you found our food amazing and that the team, in particular Allison are amazing.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed for a weekend break, room and bathroom was very clean and bed was very comfortable. What made this a good break was the staff, particularly the people in the restaurant they were very accomodating and provided a really good quality service. Good quality evening meals and breakfast. Location was also very good for St Albans and the hotel was also quiet.

It would have been an excellent break apart from three matters, firstly the rooms are hot - luckily we could have the windows open as the weather was good and we were on the first floor, secondly it was a bit of a hike to the room, which was odd as there were not many people in the hotel and thirdly and critically we had booked a package that included a free upgrade. However, we were told that this was not possible when we arrived as the executive rooms were fully booked for families with children on the saturday night. However, didn't see a child in the place and when we checked online you could still book the Executive rooms via the website. Took some of the gloss off the stay but a lesson for the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

I was dissapointed to read that you were not offered an executive room, for those guests who book an All Inclusive break where they are available we do offer a complimentary upgrade. I do not know when you stayed so am unsure if there were available executive rooms, I have spoken with our reception team to ensre they are clear that available executive rooms should be allocated to those guests staying on an All Inclusive package.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at the mercure hatfield oak hotel on the 26th of june, i was put in there by my company along with a collegue as we were down south on company business.
The staff were friendly, polite and welcoming.
The restaurant was nice but a little expensive, food was ok
Room was fine, clean bedroom and bathroom, good shower. The bed was really comfy and if it hadnt have been forthe heat i would have had a wonderful nights sleep, that is apart from the fire alarm going off twice. The 2nd time i went down to reception but nobody told us anything, we were just hanging around waiting. After 15 minutes i went to reception and was told everything was fine. This is the only complaint , there wasnt any communication with regards to the alarm and guests were just left.
Breakfast was available from 06.30 and ranged from cereal, fruit to cooked breakfast.
Service was very good. I wouldnt hesitate staying in this hotel if my company asked me to go again.

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves.

Thank you for highlighting the problem you had with the fire alarm, we have had an engineer visit the hotel and following an inspection he has replaced a faulty smoke detector, I am sorry we did not communicate clearly to our guests, we have planned fire training later this month and I we will ensure we cover the importance of letting our guests know what if happening.

Many thanks

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a concert locally and didn't expect much with it being a 3 star. I was so wrong!!

From the minute I arrived, the staff were fantastic! They were polite, helpful and made me feel very welcome. The cleaners opened doors for me when I was looking for my room and everyone smiled and said hello.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I had a great nights sleep and the shower was of a good standard.

I was very impressed with the extensive hot and cold breakfast and the staff borught me a choice of toast and coffee or tea. This made such a difference to other hotels where you wait ages for your bread to pass through a slow toaster and make your own drinks. The waiter that served me was very polite.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you have limited mobility it may be worth asking for a room near reception. I...

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased you were pleasantly suprised by the standard of our hotel and that you found the team to be fantastic. We are fortunate to have many passionate people in the hotel and regardless of whether we are 1 star or 5 star they would deliver a great level of service.

Thank you for your comments on our breakfast I was pleased you were impressed by our extensive buffet and I agree it is much nicer to be served tea, coffee and toast rather than making your own.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!