“Brilliant”

Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Room was clean and big, staff were lovely. There was tea and coffee making facilities, tv, free wifi and complementary shampoo etc. we didn't eat here but if the food is as good as the room then it would be lovely. Highly recommend

2  Thank reluctantraveller221
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you had a very good stay with ourselves. We have a very good team of chefs producing excellent food, please do eat with us on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was ok but nothing special. Free wifi in room was appreciated and room was quiet. However, I requested a room near reception which was convenient to access. What did I get? According to the porter who carried my case on arrival, it was just about the furthest room from reception (237) - and with stairs to climb. (I booked several weeks in advance, so I don't think it would have been so difficult to arrange.) It was along a maze of corridors with two or three small flights of steps and a full flight of stairs - very difficult with a heavy case and hand luggage. (Surely hotels know most people will have suitcases, so why don't they install lifts?) Restaurant food was good. Staff friendly.

It wasn't terribly well situated if you don't have a car. We tried to get back from the cinema at the Galleria. After about 8 p.m., the front of the Mall is locked and you have to get out through the back (of course, this is not the fault of the hotel!). We thought we would be able to get a taxi, but there were none. Walking round to the front (quite a walk) there were none there either, so we had to walk back to the hotel - which took at least 20 mins. It was lucky it was a fairly pleasant evening. Mainly for this reason, I would choose one of the hotels nearer Galleria if staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry we did not allocate you a room closer to reception, I have looked at your reservation and your request is quite clear. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and it is disappointing when we make mistakes.

I was pleased that you enjoyed our food and found the team friendly.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is the place to stay. The staff are so friendly and professional. Reception outstanding. The resturant staff could not be more helpful. They are so dedicated to their jobs they were Dave and Alison. The food was outstanding and very reasonable.
For £88.00 Bed and Breakfast in outer London is extremely reasonable.
I have to say it shows a 3 Star but this is a 4 star touching on a 5 Star hotel.

The manager of this hotel has got it so right with customer service been their priority.

Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Craig,

Thank you for such a kind review.

We are very fortunate in having some fabulous people working here and I am very pleased you took the opportunity to highlight the service offered by Dave and Allison, I was also delighted that you appreciated the service offered by Alina our receptionist.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Just had an overnighter here whilst working at the local hospital ..... Clean , good service .....mustn't grumble
Food in the bar was good fayre with a range of menu options

If you require local accommodation whilst on business this will foot the bill

1  Thank Dan H
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your short stay at the Mercure Hatfield Oak.

Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

relaxed, value for money.

food to die for. it was delicious. lovely wine.

comfy beds and lovely showers. helpful and friendly staff.

useful location

no gym or spa but free use of the local leisure centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kattisamps
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

I am delighted with your review.

Your experience is just what we are aiming for.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed on business, staff were welcoming and immediately replaced the light bulb which went out in my bathroom. Room was extremely clean. Breakfast service was superb. I did not have an evening meal but will try one next time. I felt very safe and comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank slickets

Thank you for your review.

Our head housekeeper Paulina and her ladies do a brilliant job and I am pleased you appreciated their efforts.

It is important to start the day on the right note and I was pleased you received good service at breakfast, please do have dinner with us on your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed for three night as on business nearby.

It's a little bit dated but don't let that put you off. My room was a decent size, and the bathroom, although not amazingly modern, was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well each night. Probably wouldn't be as good in warm weather though, with windows open the noise from the adjacent A1 was obtrusive.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and the portions generous. I had pork belly with red cabbage and new potatoes - excellent! Sirloin steak the night after was cooked exactly as asked and very tasty.

The jewel in the crown here though is the service. Every member of staff I met from the receptionist to the waiting staff were absolutely exceptional and a real credit to the hotel.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and really recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy H

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service we offer. I am fortunate in having a lovely group of people working at the hotel who genuinely care and enjoy looking after people.

We also have lovely chefs who create super food, I am glad you thought the food was delicious.

On your next visit I hope you find the hotel less tired as we are in the process of redecorating all rooms (30% complete). We will also be refurbishing the restaurant which is due to be completed in mid November and laying new flooring in our foyer area next week.

Best wishes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!