“Made my wedding weekend just perfect!”

Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
“Made my wedding weekend just perfect!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Myself and a lot of my family and friends stayed at this truly excellent hotel for 2 nights on the 30th & 31st of October. When I checked in with a whole load if stuff and an entourage they greeted us so warmly even though we had basically just turned their lobby into a zoo! My room was huge and clean and comfortable with a massive bed lovely bathroom and some cool little extras (including a little fruit platter, dressing gown and slippers & a coffee machine!)
We got settled in and they brought us a little camp bed and set up the sofa bed for my bridesmaids. We also had a seating in their restaurant for 20 people for dinner (organised last minuite with out any fuss) unfortunately it was a massively busy night for them and the service was a little slow, because of this we got discounts and free drinks so I was not bothered at all! The bed was comfy able and I slept well. In the morning we had people coming and going all over the place and the staff bent over backwards to help us! They are all so polite and kind! Also the breakfast is really yummy! Proper fry up. It was a great place to stay and they really helped me organise everything for my special day, they even kept the bar open really late for us (until about 4:30am) when we got back from the reception. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Such a great stay and really made my big day a bit more special!

2 Thank Vfmolo
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.

I was pleased to read that we played a part in helping to make your wedding a success.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Room was clean and big, staff were lovely. There was tea and coffee making facilities, tv, free wifi and complementary shampoo etc. we didn't eat here but if the food is as good as the room then it would be lovely. Highly recommend

2 Thank reluctantraveller221
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you had a very good stay with ourselves. We have a very good team of chefs producing excellent food, please do eat with us on your next visit.

abu dhabi
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was ok but nothing special. Free wifi in room was appreciated and room was quiet. However, I requested a room near reception which was convenient to access. What did I get? According to the porter who carried my case on arrival, it was just about the furthest room from reception (237) - and with stairs to climb. (I booked several weeks in advance, so I don't think it would have been so difficult to arrange.) It was along a maze of corridors with two or three small flights of steps and a full flight of stairs - very difficult with a heavy case and hand luggage. (Surely hotels know most people will have suitcases, so why don't they install lifts?) Restaurant food was good. Staff friendly.

It wasn't terribly well situated if you don't have a car. We tried to get back from the cinema at the Galleria. After about 8 p.m., the front of the Mall is locked and you have to get out through the back (of course, this is not the fault of the hotel!). We thought we would be able to get a taxi, but there were none. Walking round to the front (quite a walk) there were none there either, so we had to walk back to the hotel - which took at least 20 mins. It was lucky it was a fairly pleasant evening. Mainly for this reason, I would choose one of the hotels nearer Galleria if staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Helen,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry we did not allocate you a room closer to reception, I have looked at your reservation and your request is quite clear. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and it is disappointing when we make mistakes.

I was pleased that you enjoyed our food and found the team friendly.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is the place to stay. The staff are so friendly and professional. Reception outstanding. The resturant staff could not be more helpful. They are so dedicated to their jobs they were Dave and Alison. The food was outstanding and very reasonable.
For £88.00 Bed and Breakfast in outer London is extremely reasonable.
I have to say it shows a 3 Star but this is a 4 star touching on a 5 Star hotel.

The manager of this hotel has got it so right with customer service been their priority.

Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Craig,

Thank you for such a kind review.

We are very fortunate in having some fabulous people working here and I am very pleased you took the opportunity to highlight the service offered by Dave and Allison, I was also delighted that you appreciated the service offered by Alina our receptionist.

Stourbridge
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Just had an overnighter here whilst working at the local hospital ..... Clean , good service .....mustn't grumble
Food in the bar was good fayre with a range of menu options

If you require local accommodation whilst on business this will foot the bill

1 Thank Dan H
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Dan,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your short stay at the Mercure Hatfield Oak.

Regards

Reading
Reviewed 9 October 2013

relaxed, value for money.

food to die for. it was delicious. lovely wine.

comfy beds and lovely showers. helpful and friendly staff.

useful location

no gym or spa but free use of the local leisure centre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kattisamps
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I am delighted with your review.

Your experience is just what we are aiming for.

york
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed on business, staff were welcoming and immediately replaced the light bulb which went out in my bathroom. Room was extremely clean. Breakfast service was superb. I did not have an evening meal but will try one next time. I felt very safe and comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank slickets
Thank you for your review.

Our head housekeeper Paulina and her ladies do a brilliant job and I am pleased you appreciated their efforts.

It is important to start the day on the right note and I was pleased you received good service at breakfast, please do have dinner with us on your next visit.

Regards

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Ramada Hatfield
Ramada Hatfield
#5 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Ardmore House
Ardmore House
#8 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!