“Excellent in every department.”

Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every department.”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Clean spacious room, comfortable bed. Happy helpful staff who went the extra mile to ensure our stay was happy and trouble free. Good food, served efficiently (No unnecessary waiting) and the barman was a joy to chat with over a cool beer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for two nights. Rooms basic but more than adequate. Can't fault the staff here - they were so helpful and polite. Our stay included a full English breakfast and I couldn't fault the food or service. A lovely stay and would recommend this Hotel

• Stayed May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

On arrival (admit it was 10.30pm) Receptionist already had his coat on ready to leave! WQent to bar to ask for a drink before bed - 10.45pm, served at 10.55pm. Oredered. " Have you got the exact change because I've already cashed up and closed". "No, can I charge it to the room?" The sigh suggested it was going to be 'one of those stays'. Drink served, shutters cam down, lights went out! Sat in what I think you can call a bar area in virtual darkness, with a night porter at desk. I blamed it on my tiredness, which wasn't cured by staying here. Walls are like paper (rm 126) 3.10am - Either very early work call or catching a plane "John, we've got to go now!" Might as well have been in the room with me. Lights in the bathroom here are on a sensor to save electricity (10/10) - The sensor senses when you open your room door, and bathroom lights come on, unfortunately the sensor does not sense when you're at the mirror or in the shower (ladies if your shaving your legs beware!!) You get plunged into darkness, so leave your bathroom door open! Breakfast Staff (Hallelujah!) were very pleasant. B'fast selection if you don't want cooked is very limited (scarily, the cold meets selection were left on a slate, NOT refrigerated!!) Breakfast area is in serious need of attention, student type kitchen cupboards, chipped, hanging off, and the most battered worktop. Scrambled eggs were lovely! "Yes I thought" - Until I got to reception and found that this wasn't even included in the price, and at nearly £10 I felt like going back and having another three sittings. If your on business and need sleep DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Dave

Myself and my team were so concerned to read your comments following your stay on Sunday night.

Here at the hotel we do pride ourselves on our hospitality and service , but quite clearly we didn't deliver on this occassion and for that I am extremly sorry. I would like to assure you that I will be doing a full investigation into the points you raised.

If you did want to discuss this matter me me directly however , please do give me a call.

Once again I am extremly sorry.

Yours sincerely

Kathetine Webster-Brown
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here recently as a driver of a coach party that was booked in for two nights, and I think everything was excellent and food was very good although the hot selection wasn't very hot on the bain marie when in lounge at breakfast time.

but it was very clean and staff very polite and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our second visit on the all-inclusive deal, and it won't be our last. It was great last time, and if anything even better this time. The staff are just amazing. To a man (or woman) they are friendly, helpful and efficient and can't do enough for you. When I mislaid my phone the Reception Manager was laying on the floor looking for it under the sofa - above and beyond I think! The restaurant staff were faultless, and the food they were bringing out was to die for. I dream about their camembert starter and the lamb main! We were automatically upgraded to a lovely large room, and then upgraded again when we discovered the shower wasn't working. Bed was very comfortable. I have no idea why this hotel isn't full every night but I'm very glad it isn't!! Whoever trains the staff here should be very proud and should give lessons to other hotel chains. Well done one and all, see you again later this year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hatfield Oak. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, I have shared your comments with our team.
And your commenets and feedback has served as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Kind Reagards

Katherine
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I took my mum for an all inclusive birthday treat here and from start to finish was a wonderful weekend. On arrival we were upgraded to a huge lovely room, the food was of a very high standard and delicious. And all staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. My mum was over the moon. Have recommended to others and already have family booked in for next week.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Katherine W, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Adrienne

I am so glad your mum and yourself had a great stay with us, and thank you so much for recommendimng us to your family.

We llook forward to welcoming them, and hope to see you and your mum again soon.

Kind Regards

Katherine \Webster-Brown
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was a 2 day all inclusive deal. Arrived midday Friday and were greeted at check in by 2 lovely young ladies who explained all about the hotel/inclusive deal and without asking were upgraded! All the staff throughout our stay were outstanding. Good food timely service couldn't ask for more.
3* HOTEL
5*SERVICE

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to us.

I am so glad you had such a lovely all inclusive break, and we all hope we will see you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Katherine Webster-Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Ramada Hatfield
Ramada Hatfield
#5 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel

Been to Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!