“They can't be bothered, so why should you?”

Moe's Peri Peri Grill
Ranked #58 of 80 Restaurants in Hatfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We ordered a takeaway from Moe's a few months back and it was a disaster. It took them an hour and a half to deliver (we only live 10 minutes away from them) and the food looked and tasted like it had been in the car for at least an hour of that time. Cold, greasy and not what you expect from any takeaway.

Deciding to give them the benefit of the doubt, we visited the restaurant last weekend for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime - huge mistake!

Right from the moment we set foot in the door, the alarm bells started ringing. For a Saturday lunchtime, the place was empty. When we walked in, there was absolutely no acknowledgement from any of the staff (4 or 5 of them stood behind the counter). We stood there for about 30 seconds, not knowing whether we should just find a seat or wait to be seated. After no response from the staff, we just found a table and sat down.

After about a 5 minute wait, I realised no-one was coming to give us a menu or interact with us in any shape or form so I walked up to the counter and asked to take a couple of menus, which was met with not much more than a grunt.
When i got back to the table, the menus were filthy and I had milkshake all over my hands, where they had not been wiped previously!

When I went to order the food, there was another unfortunate couple that had come in and were at the counter ordering their food. When they tried to pay by card, they were told that they only accepted cash. Staring me right in the face at the till I was in front of was a credit card machine!
As I was half way through placing my order and not having any cash on me, I asked them if that was indeed the case whilst making it blatantly obvious I could see the card machine - to which I was told it was temperamental and hadn't been working.
I placed my order and paid with my card - strangely enough, the payment went straight through with no issues!

We then sat and waited for the food to come, which wasn't too long; about 20 minutes. This is when things really started to go wrong. As the food arrived, so did a swarm of flies (A slightly larger variant of the fruit flies you get when there's rotting food lying around somewhere)! There had been one or two floating around prior to the food turning up but we didn't think much of it, but within minutes they were crawling all over the food. I had to fish several out of my sons plate of waffles and my wife had about 2 mouthfuls of her wrap before she was so disgusted she couldn't eat any more. The last straw for me (literally) was seeing one crawl inside one of the straws of my milkshake. With that we got up and left.

On the way out, I made a point of going over and telling them that their restaurant was infested with flies and we'd just had a pretty disgusting experience, which was just met with blank expressions - not even an apology

From start to finish this was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a restaurant. They just don't care. Taking that into account and the fact there are flies crawling everywhere makes me think that this attitude is carried over into their food and general hygiene.

We shall not be returning to Moe's and I would strongly advise anyone else against wasting their money.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Decided to try moes ...
Orderd food... 1hr later food turns up.. But its slops no flavour no taste ..
However we orderd milkshakes and strawberrys and banana waffels and they are so nice in moes. Only ever pop in for a milkshake.
Also I find the music is far to loud its like a night club

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Went to Moe's with a few friends for a bite to eat and Shisha. We were the only people there and i now know why. Firstly they did not have half of the flavours for Shisha available which were listed. In addition the Shisha took 45 minutes to come, and was of poor quality. Not only did we have to wait for the Shisha, we also had to wait 10-20 minutes for them to replace the coal. On to the food side of things, we ordered food and had to wait at least 40 minutes for it to come, whilst the staff kept coming in and out asking us what it was that we had ordered again. When we got the food it was of dismal quality and cold, and could not even eat more than a few bites. On the bright side their milkshakes were good.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Used to be good but is now pretty ropey. Chicken pitta, chips & coleslaw shouldn't be tricky to do... But, pitta wasn't toasted the chips were greasy and the coleslaw Iooked like double cream and spelt rather odd!

It may have changed hands because the quality has plummeted. Won't be going back again!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

After passing this resraurant on my way to work many times and not actually trying it i thought i'd come on trip advisor and check reviews, to see if it was worth going, after reading mixed reviwes i thought i'd better try it for myself and HONESTLY this place has the best peri peri food and milkshakes ever...and trust me i've been to many restaurants, everyone always says Tinseltowns milkshakes are amazing but at Moe's it tastes like a little bit of heaven in my mouth! I got a wrap and peri peri chips....tasted better than nandos and the price was far better too.....if you were having doubts honestly dont!! best food i've had...even writing this review im craving it again....its so good that i normally dont write reviwes but had to!!

3  Thank Iram C