“Great Burgers & Shakes”

Hatfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burgers & Shakes”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I ordered a spicy grilled chicken burger and an Oreofied milkshake, Best burger I've tasted by far, it tastes soo yummy and fresh!! To top it off I had one of their Oreo milkshakes with chocolate sauce and whipp cream, looked amazing and tasted really nice.
I've nearly filled up my loyalty card and I'm looking forward to receive my free premium milkshake and half chicken!! Defo recommend this place!

1 Thank Chris T

Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Student heaven”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wow!! We're new to the area and I must say we loved the food especially the half chicken which was on a lunch time deal... We had an Americano milkshake whilst listening to Drake...where else can u do that... We love the whole American diner theme.., spot on guys!

3 Thank Mikey E
London, United Kingdom
“Quick delivery & good food”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I got the flyer for this restaurant through the door today. placed an order online coz they give 10% off, was easy and food came warm.
Food was good i found it better than nandos. delivery was quick to. I will visit the restaurant soon with friends

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Stacey L
London
“They can't be bothered, so why should you?”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We ordered a takeaway from Moe's a few months back and it was a disaster. It took them an hour and a half to deliver (we only live 10 minutes away from them) and the food looked and tasted like it had been in the car for at least an hour of that time. Cold, greasy and not what you expect from any takeaway.

Deciding to give them the benefit of the doubt, we visited the restaurant last weekend for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime - huge mistake!

Right from the moment we set foot in the door, the alarm bells started ringing. For a Saturday lunchtime, the place was empty. When we walked in, there was absolutely no acknowledgement from any of the staff (4 or 5 of them stood behind the counter). We stood there for about 30 seconds, not knowing whether we should just find a seat or wait to be seated. After no response from the staff, we just found a table and sat down.

After about a 5 minute wait, I realised no-one was coming to give us a menu or interact with us in any shape or form so I walked up to the counter and asked to take a couple of menus, which was met with not much more than a grunt.
When i got back to the table, the menus were filthy and I had milkshake all over my hands, where they had not been wiped previously!

When I went to order the food, there was another unfortunate couple that had come in and were at the counter ordering their food. When they tried to pay by card, they were told that they only accepted cash. Staring me right in the face at the till I was in front of was a credit card machine!
As I was half way through placing my order and not having any cash on me, I asked them if that was indeed the case whilst making it blatantly obvious I could see the card machine - to which I was told it was temperamental and hadn't been working.
I placed my order and paid with my card - strangely enough, the payment went straight through with no issues!

We then sat and waited for the food to come, which wasn't too long; about 20 minutes. This is when things really started to go wrong. As the food arrived, so did a swarm of flies (A slightly larger variant of the fruit flies you get when there's rotting food lying around somewhere)! There had been one or two floating around prior to the food turning up but we didn't think much of it, but within minutes they were crawling all over the food. I had to fish several out of my sons plate of waffles and my wife had about 2 mouthfuls of her wrap before she was so disgusted she couldn't eat any more. The last straw for me (literally) was seeing one crawl inside one of the straws of my milkshake. With that we got up and left.

On the way out, I made a point of going over and telling them that their restaurant was infested with flies and we'd just had a pretty disgusting experience, which was just met with blank expressions - not even an apology

From start to finish this was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a restaurant. They just don't care. Taking that into account and the fact there are flies crawling everywhere makes me think that this attitude is carried over into their food and general hygiene.

We shall not be returning to Moe's and I would strongly advise anyone else against wasting their money.

• Visited September 2013
“Only good thing is desserts”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Decided to try moes ...
Orderd food... 1hr later food turns up.. But its slops no flavour no taste ..
However we orderd milkshakes and strawberrys and banana waffels and they are so nice in moes. Only ever pop in for a milkshake.
Also I find the music is far to loud its like a night club