“Excellent Hotel, Great Food”

Beales Hatfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff are polite, friendly and helpful. We had a three course evening meal, which was really lovely, well cooked, well served and great quality. The full English breakfast the next morning was also of a good standard, plenty of choice and well presented. Overall we were very impressed with Beales, can't fault the hotel at all, and look forward to fitting in another visit soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your super review following your stay at Beales Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, and that in particular you enjoyed dinner in Outsidein Restaurant.

The hotel has been in my family since 1964 although I knocked the old hotel down to the ground in 2004. In all that time I can say hand on heart that the food has never been of a higher standard.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hatfield from lovely Cambridge whenever you have the time.

With kindest regards,

Beales Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This is a very nice, modern hotel with very friendly staff. I do not know the area at all so had to ask the reception desk for assistance, Maria on reception come to my rescue as she had really good local knowledge and told me how to get to all the places I needed to and also recommended other places to visit and see. This is the best service I have had in a long time and I stay in hotels frequently due to business. I will also recommend the restaurant as the food was amazing. I had the beef and the chef could not have cooked it any better. Just perfect! All in all a very pleasant stay topped by very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris S
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the team at Beales Hotel following your stay with us.

I am so glad that Maria was so helpful to you, it can be a bit confusing at first in the Hatfield area, but she put you right and helped out well. She is a fantastic asset to the team at the hotel as are her colleagues in the reception team, Mihaela, Karla and Caterina.

Do come again soon, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Booked through red letter days, its easy to find, within walking distance of the Galleria outlet mall. Staff were all really courteous and friendly. Room was modern, clean, comfortable and with plenty of pillows. As part of the deal we had 3 course evening meal which was out of this world. A lot of care and thought was put into the food and it tasted amazing. Full English in the morning, plenty of choice and nicely cooked (it wasn't swimming in fat). Drinks were slightly pricey but no more than any other hotel. Overall a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank GeorgeandMatt
Thank you for taking the time to review your Red Letter Days weekend break at Beales Hotel.

I am so glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and in particular the dinner in Outsidein Restaurant.

We have a fab team of chefs in the kitchen, and a great team in the restaurant to serve you. I am so proud of all of them.

Do come again, we have great offers on our website for the summer months !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a Secret Escape break. We were amazed at the value for money deal that we found. You know what they say "if it sounds too good to be true, it generally is". This hotel and deal blows that theory clean out of the water!!!
We chose the hotel over another in the area as we normally choose traditional and we fancied trying a contemporary looking venue. We were not disappointed. The receptionist was delightful. Unfortunately no name badge, I should have asked. She gave us a very warm and friendly welcome. She was informative without it sounding like she was scripted. I had emailed a request for non feather bedding, but for some reason it wasn't on my booking. The receptionist was very helpful and as we were arriving at our room, housekeeping were there with alternative bedding for us. Five minutes and it was all done. Ladies were friendly and unobtrusive. All of the staff we met seemed genuinely happy to be there. Makes a huge difference to your stay. Our room was lovely. Not huge, but an adequate size. It was clean and modern and the original artwork on the wall makes the room feel special. The bed was a little soft but not uncomfortable. Plenty of tea and coffee in the room. Lovely biscuits and they are happy to bring you up fresh milk if you don't like U.H.T.
We nipped into St Albans for lunch and found a place called "Bill's". Can highly recommend. Lovely menu, very varied. All homemade. Try the warm pecan pie. It comes with banana ice cream but we swapped it for brown bread and marmalade ice cream. It was amazing!!! They also have their own "home brew" beer.
The restaurant in the hotel is very special too. We ate a three course dinner,which was included in our room price, although we did choose to pay a small supplement for one of the dishes. My husbands duck was cooked to perfection as was my lamb. I finished with a dark chocolate sorbet as I wanted something light. It was beautiful and just right to finish a truly superb meal. The service in the restaurant was very good although there was a slight confusion/miscommunication during our starter. We had asked for another roll to go with the salmon. I had nearly finished when the extra rolls were placed on the table next to us, much to the confusion of the couple sat there. One of the waiters seemed to be on the ball and sorted it out swiftly.
Breakfast was delicious too. More than enough to choose from and I get the feeling they are more than happy to deal with any special requests too. The other positive thing about the hotel is that they try and source all their produce locally and to a high standard. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Really impressed. Thank you.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bossydiva
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your kind comments in your recent review of Beales Hotel.

I am glad that all the team looked after you so well, from reception to housekeeping, and from dinner to breakfast.

I am pleased too that you explored neighbouring St Albans which is a lovely place, just 5 or 10 minutes away.

Do come back soon, we have super dinner bed and breakfast offers on our website !

LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night, on business.
Convenient location for us near office, hotel really new, clean and contemporary inside.
Staff very friendly and personable.
Rooms modern and comfortable.
Dinner was lovely, nicest fillet of beef I've had in a while and cooked to perfection. Breakfast also excellent, really good quality ingredients, (esp the sausages, farm shop sourced maybe?), all fresh and hot. Could have happily sat there for another hour!
They clearly care about their guests, and little requests met willingly. Would opt to stay here again when in area, and happily recommend it to colleagues.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MARKDL995
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you liked all aspects of the hotel.

The fillet steak you had comes from Bridget Borlase's farm in nearby Watton at Stone - her fifth generation business is only matched by the tenth generation Simmental herd of cows she looks after.

And the sausages comes from Direct Meats, local farmers on the Essex / Herts border.

Do come back to the hotel when you are next in the area, we are a refreshing change from all the bland corporate hotels in the area.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Came to stay here whilst on an induction course. Had a fab stay, comfy bed and excellent food. Very good service and well worth the money. The biscuits in the room are particularly delicious, especially the rhubarb and ginger.

Thank you for your kind review following your induction in the area.

I hope that all went off ok, and I am pleased that we could look after you.

The detail about the biscuits (while a small point), is emblematic of the care and attention we can give our guests and the freedom we have as a family business to do the right thing by our customers.

I guess you won't have another induction any time soon, but if you are in the area, do come again !

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Everything was so easy. Locked myself out of my room, went straight to reception just handed me a new card. Had no hassle with anything. Parking = easy. Opposite a shopping and food centre called The Galleria so everybody is catered for. Room very good and clean.

Room Tip: Had a double towards the end of the corridor, heard no noise whatsoever.