“Clean, quiet, comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Bristol
“Clean, quiet, comfortable”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I often stay in Hatfield for business purposes and Beales seems to be the hotel that is the most highly rated by my colleagues. So much so, it tends to be fully booked if the stay is at short notice.

I stayed here last Thursday and it was only my 2nd ever visit to this hotel. I didn't manage to make breakfast on this occasion, but I have done previously and it was very nice.

The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and the bar stays open as late as there are people drinking....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy H
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you and your colleagues enjoy the hotel so much and that it is the preferred hotel in the area.

I am also pleased that the bar stays open until late, in fact as you are all residents you are allowed by our liquor licence to stay drinking all night in the bar if you wish !!

But then I guess you wouldn't be able to enjoy the dreamy beds, or the zillions of channels on the new TVs, or the air conditioning, or the power showers !

Do keep coming, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to this lovely hotel.

Beales Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I thought this hotel was great, the room service food was delicious and the room was clean and modern. The location was close to shops and restaurants. However, when I stayed last Thursday, there was also a late night party going on in the hotel. When the music was still playing and audible from my top floor room I rang reception and told the party was not to finish until midnight. She could move mebbut only two doors down and wouldn't make any difference and no, they didn't have any ear plugs. I told the receptionist in the morning too. She shrugged and said sorry. But I do not think it is acceptable to have late night events, mid week in a hotel where people are trying to sleep. What was a pleasant stay was ruined by the late night music.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hollylovescake
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review of Beales Hotel.

I am glad you found the hotel great with a good location, good food and a clean room.

We are obviously very sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your stay, this is a very rare event at the hotel, but for you it spoilt the stay.

We also apologise for the reaction of our receptionist who should have reacted to your complaint in a more helpful way.

Please give us one more chance as the few Christmas parties that we have are finished by Saturday 21st December and peace will once more reign at Beales Hotel !

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A local hotel to Hatfield Business Park (and the nicest by far within the vicinity).

Very helpful staff, used a number of times after working late and they have stayed up to ensure I can check in after their standard "check in time" and made sure I was comfortable despite the early hour of the morning. Nice rooms with everything you would need.

Not tried the food yet - next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

For your information, we don't have an end point to our check ins each day, as the hotel is staffed 24/7 even though we lock the doors for the security of all our guests around midnight.

The night bell ensures that all arrivals in the early morning are welcomed personally to the hotel.

Do try the food on your next visit - we have two AA rosettes for the cuisine, something very unusual in the area, and we try hard with our local suppliers to offer our guests really good food and drink.

Have a happy Christmas !

Kind regards,

Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Came here last minute for my bboyfriends birthday treat after I made a booking at a different hotel and had to walk out as it was shambolic. Called Beales and was given a quote for a brilliant deal for dinner bed and breakfast. Everything was flawless from the check in with the lovely receptionist to the delicious breakfast in the morning. The three course meal alone we received In the restaurant was worth the £45 we paid each for the whole stay, the food was excellent and every mouthful was bliss. Every member of staff we encountered were polite and well trained. So glad we ended up here!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank LizzieEllingford
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel !

I am so glad you ended up with us after the shambles at the other hotel.

We do have amazing dinner bed and breakfast offers (have a look at the special offers page of our website for details), and we generally have these offers going on Fridays to Sundays when we are a bit quieter.

Do come again, I am so delighted that every aspect of your stay was so satisfactory.

Abbots Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I had a booked lunch time meal at Beales Inside Out on 21st November.

We were very worried when we walked in as the restaurant was empty, and I could not find anybody to look after us.
After about 5 minutes waiting, I went to the back of the room and found a waiter.
He offered me every table in the room. We chose a table and proceeded to order our drinks and meal.
Obviously we had fantastic service, and were realy surprised as food was great. The chef even did a special sweet for my wife as it was her birthday. A nice touch.
Why with such good food was it empty.
We had our coffee in the bar, just to be with other people.
I would go again but would be worried about the atmosphere.

1 Thank neilann44
Thank you for your detailed review of Beales Hotel.

I am sorry that we were unattended in the Outsidein Restaurant on your arrival, this should of course not be the case and I will have words with the team.

However I am pleased that we looked after you well from then on, and that you found the food worthy of its awards.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back, if you are worried about the number booked on a particular lunchtime or evening, just ask and we will give you the answer without hesitation.

St Albans
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Special birthday and had the choice of 2 rooms - one traditional the other 4 smaller conference rooms that opened up into a larger but more personal area.
Lots of help from the hotel staff to arrange /set up - Great local band, Junction sixteen and close up magician, Lee Smith.
All staff we came into contact with were very helpful - from check in to the barman who was still rushing around serving at 4 am !
Large room and bathroom with quality toiletries and special bed ! Massive and so comfy !
Breakfast also excellent. Special rate for the party group made the whole experience good for all who stayed over - some went shopping in the Galleria opposite whilst others went to Hatfield House for some culture. Would I stay here again ? Without a doubt

1 Thank Courtgazza
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
It was such a pleasure to host your special birthday party at the weekend, and thank you for subsequent complimentary communication with me that I have passed on to all the Beales Hotel team.

It goes without saying that it would be a great joy to welcome you all or some of you back again on a future occasion, whether for a full blown party like at the weekend, or for a more low key occasion.

I am glad that some of your party headed off for the Galleria and others to Hatfield House. This shows how the area can cater for all needs.

For me, visiting a shopping centre is worse than a trip to the dentist, but I know plenty of people who would say the same thing about the medieval splendour of Hatfield House which would keep me happily engrossed for hours !

Come back soon, and many congratulations for the "special birthday", the exact number being strictly private and confidential !

Kindest regards,

Yorkshire
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Well designed, clean and attractive rooms, quality towels, comfy beds, friendly and helpful staff, interesting art work around the hotel, good food. Only criticism a heated towel rail in the bathroom would have been good. Very quiet, no noise at night from surrounding roads - must be very well soundproofed. A modern and attractive hotel.

1 Thank loveturkeyYorkshire
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am delighted that we looked after you so well and that everything was to your satisfaction.

I am particularly pleased to hear that you found the hotel bedrooms quiet, they are built to a good standard, and are to the rear of the hotel in any case.

Cleanliness, and quiet are the two priorities for our guests above everything else, and I am so glad we succeeded in this during your stay.

Kind regards,

Beales Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,109 reviews
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Beales Hatfield Hotel? Share your experiences!