“Second stay !!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Second stay !!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just had our second break away at Beales. Last time I left a great review and I'm glad to report that I was equally happy this time. The food is great and the staff polite and helpful. We slept really well. At breakfast the chef made us poached eggs, and I have to say they were the best eggs I have tasted and were cooked to perfection. Keep up the great work. Next time I'm going to give your other hotel a try. Well done everyone :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for a super review of Beales Hotel.

I am delighted we looked after you so well on your second visit.

I hold great store by consistency in hotel keeping - many places can do great one time, but on the second visit fall down because certain members of the team were on holiday or days off. I am glad we got it right both times for you.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful West Lodge Park Hotel in Hadley Wood, the same service standards as Beales Hotel, but with 35 acres of glorious grounds and a wonderful country house ambiance.

Beales Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked through a Travelzoo offer, upon arrival we had great customer service at reception. Allowed to use the PC at reception to print off the voucher which I had forgotten.. Great size room, bed was superb and couldnt of asked for any better. Attention to detail was great, we had a 3 course meal included and were able to put the meal time back a couple of times as we had been out shopping. Wonderful meal and being able to order a carafe of wine was very nice touch. Sumi the restaurant manager was very attentive and helped with an issue we had which was resolved within seconds, the bar staff, reception and Sumi made our stay very memorable, even remembering our Room Number the following morning at Breakfast and asking how our stay was. Enjoyable venture to the Galleria and a nice stroll back that evening. Overall we would love the opportunity to return and would highly recommend the Hotel and Staff. We stayed 8/3/14, So from us both in Room 40, thank you again.

3 Thank Brad252014
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am so glad that you had such a good time at the hotel on your Travelzoo offer and that everyone looked after you so well.

The Travelzoo offer was exceptional value, but you can repeat that anytime because we have similar amazing deals available on our own website.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back all the way from Letchworth whenever you would like to come again !

Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for a night in December and really enjoyed it, the food was amazing and the chef,s even came and spoke to us I think their names were diago and Phil, the decor is very modern and quality oozes from everywhere

Room Tip: There is no pool or finess centre ,we just love to chill
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at Beales Hotel in December.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and got to meet Diego Granada and Phil Macrides, our Head Chef and Sous Chef.

I am completely unbiased of course, but I do think their food is consistently of an excellent quality.

For the benefit of our Tripadvisor readers, we offer free gym and swimming pool membership at the huge Hertfordshire Sports Village just a few minutes walk away.

Do come again, Diego and Phil are very much still part of the team, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Beales Hotel.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is beautiful and I adored all of the artwork, it really is magnificent.
I live in Hatfield but wanted to stay at the hotel with my partner because I've only heard good things. The rooms were really clean and we were right at the back of the hotel and it was really lovely and quiet.
Breakfast was lovely I couldn't wait to wake up and have it again on the Sunday!
Only bad points are that some of the staff seem a bit snooty, I understand it's a nice hotel but there is no need for unfriendliness, it came across as if some of the staff just didn't wish to be there, very unresponsive and cold. the check in desk was the worst, i didn't see them crack a smile. Saying that the night staff seemed lovely, seemed a lot happier to be there and very patient! I also came down in a bit of a mood on the Sunday with a bad head and we politely told the breakfast staff we would not like to be seated for breakfast, they REALLY tried to make us comfortable and relax us, we wanted a drink and they found us some cups so we could be on our way as we were in a rush, so accomodating and understanding. I found the bar to be a bit overpriced but that's expected in beautiful hotels, but overall I would not stay again unless there was a deal, as I've experienced it now and it was quite over my budget anyway!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Whygraine
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Beales Hotel.

I am glad that you tried us out even living so locally.

It was great to read about how much you enjoyed your stay, but of course I was saddened that the front desk team didn't smile as much as they should have done.

I apologise on behalf of the team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future if you changed your mind about coming again.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Beales is a contemporary hotel just opposite the Galleria shopping centre. Large car park and set back from the road. The room was large, clean and well presented as was the en suite. I was surprised at how quiet the room was, especially at night but did I sleep well? No! The mattress totally undermined the image the hotel is trying to present. Old, lumpy and with small feathers coming out of it. So soft that both my wife and I rolled down the V and ended up in the middle. It was like trying to sleep on a steep bank, rubbish!
Breakfast in the morning was very good and the food nice and fresh, a difficult thing to achieve for a small hotel with no much turn over in the morning.
The bar is small and not too pricey for hotel.
All the staff were very polite and nothing was too much trouble, or so it seemed.
Real shame that the mattress destroyed my nights sleep and thus my enjoyment of my stay. Would I go again, that would depend on getting a nice new firm mattress!
Apparently they are in the middle of replacing all the mattresses (or so they said when we checked out).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a firm mattress.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I am sorry that you did not sleep well.

I would be very grateful if you could email me the room number that you stayed in as we do not know that information.

We have new Hypnos pocket sprung beds arriving at the beginning of April and the room you stayed in will definitely receive one of the new beds.

I am glad that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory.

Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at Beatles Hotel for a Bar mitzvah party. The hotel is modern with a warm boutique feel.

Friendly and helpful staff. The lady on reception changed my room from a ground floor to a 1st floor upon request with no fuss. My room was spotlessly clean and stylish and the bed was very comfortable. Free WiFi in the bedroom which worked well and a pleasant modern bathroom, again spotlessly clean.

The party I attended had 140 guests and I was very impressed with the food service, each table was served quickly and the food was nice and hot and of a high standard.

A highly recommended hotel. Julian

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review of your stay and the barmitzvah party you attended last weekend at Beales Hotel.

I am delighted that everything went so well.

We have developed a reputation over the last few years for Barmitzvahs and Batmitzvahs - the hotel works so well for these, with a large main function room, direct access from all of North London up the A1(M), and very flexible catering.

Nonetheless, every Simcha we host is challenging to get absolutely right, as we are aware of the importance of the day to the family.

Do come again, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Beales (or Beatles !!) Hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Modern hotel, room was spacious and clean. Well placed for the motorway network. Station with frequent trains to London a couple of miles away .Check in and out was quick and efficient. Bar area is small but was quiet and service was good and staff friendly. Food in the bar was good and breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am glad we fitted the bill so well for your visit to the Herts and London area.

We have just been through our AA inspection this year and have been awarded two AA rosettes for the cuisine, along with a very high 79% quality rating and of course 4 stars. This combination makes us the highest rated four star hotel in Hertfordshire.

Do come again next time you are up this way from Bristol, or try our sister hotel West Lodge Park with very similar standards but a more traditional feel.

Beales Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
#3 of 9 in St Albans
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Beales Hatfield Hotel? Share your experiences!