“Third stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beales Hatfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
“Third stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday night on a Groupon deal. The hotel is easy to find opposite Galleria shopping centre. We had evening meal and breakfast in the deal. Both sittings were extremely excellent. I had the Tuna on Saturday and it was absolutely fantastic. The rooms are exceptionally everything you need in a four star hotel.
We can't wait to return.
P's big thank you to all the staff first class.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Gosh three reviews about Beales Hotel, thank you so much,

I have always held great store by consistency, and it is therefore delightful to read of your satisfaction after three stays at the hotel.

Staff have to take days off and holidays, and indeed some move on, so it is really good to see all three of your reviews marked with 5/5.

Do come again in the future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back !

Kindest regards,

Beales Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from a weekend away at Beales and couldn't fault it. Quick check in / out and the staff at reception were efficient, polite and very good at there jobs, considering they were from Romania and Poland made it even more surprising as there English was excellent, and they were enjoying doing there jobs with No fake smiles as you often see.
I asked for a room in a quiet part of the Hotel due to being a very light sleeper and they kept to there promise, the room was lovely and had everything you would expect from a 4 star and more.
he Icing on the cake was when we had dinner that evening, 3 courses of excellent food and service to die for, the staff was quick, efficient and great at there jobs and yet again foreigners, and puts a lot of our British born hotel workers to shame........
I am 50 years old and have been to many Hotels in the past 30 years, as I enjoy weekends away with my wife and have seen lots of bad hotels in my time, not very often will I put myself out to write a review but Beals Hotel deserves some positive feedback which I feel they deserve and I will look forward to returning ( if they will have me !! ) Thanks again Joe room 50 12/07/14

Room Tip: 50 - 54 is the quiet side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am so glad you had a good stay at the hotel and enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

I think we have around 20 nationalities working at the two hotels in the company, and it has never bothered me where they come from, just what they are like at looking after our guests.

It is certainly true that the "service ethic" is fantastic among people from some other nations, but equally true that we have very many excellent British people among the team.

There is joy and satisfaction in working with people from all around the world, and in realising that we are all fundamentally the same with the same hopes, fears and dreams.

Do come again, either to Beales Hotel or to our sister West Lodge Park hotel, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back !

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

On arrival, there was a wedding reception going on around the check-in desk. Congratulations to the couple, but not exactly helpful when you have bags and want to book in.

Silly little things in the room which if tweaked would make a lot of difference:
Central ceiling light not set straight
Mirror and TV could do with swapping places to make viewing more comfortable from the bed
Wardrobe doors did not close properly.
Hair-drier cable tangled and the draw front was loose

Got back at gone 11pm on Sunday night, ordered a drink, went to room to find the room key did not work. The pager for the night manager was not working and he could not be found.We appeared to be locked in the hotel at this point. It was 10 mins before this was resolved.

Breakfast on Sunday - Husbands plate cleared before I had finished my food - staff walking around with hands in pockets.

On Monday, we put our bags in the car before breakfast. We had not booked out. After breakfast we needed to go back to the room to use the bathroom - the cleaners were already in. Could not use the general ones either as they were being cleaned. Ended up going to the Galleria instead. Some medical conditions need privacy!

Come on Beales - it's the little things that count

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments re your recent stay at Beales Hotel during the Sonisphere festival at Knebworth.

Sorry you weren't happy with all aspects of your stay.

We will endeavour to keep wedding guests away from the reception area, it is very rare to have a cluttered reception desk but sorry that there were too many people around on your arrival.

We have dealt with the list of maintenance items in your room, but apologise for the night porter bleep being out of action on this night - it has already been fixed.

There are always plenty of loos available to use at Beales Hotel - we have two sets of men's, two sets of women's, plus a unisex disabled loo, so I really don't understand why you felt the need to go to the Galleria to use the facilities over there. Just ask us next time please.

Thank you for your constructive criticism which is meant well and is taken as such, we will do better on your next visit for sure.

Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is my family and I first experience with Beales Hotel and we all must admit we were extremely impressed!
While booking and organising the event, our excellent and diligent event Co Ordinatior Patsy Milligan catered to our every need! She was fantastic! I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to organising parties, I am very organised and pedantic but I never felt like I was inconviencing Patsy with my emails. I always received cheery emails no matter how large or small the problem was.

My sister and I are both ceoliacs, I was very pleased with Bealeas Hotel attitude to both are party canapé buffet food and also to our breakfast after staying overnight. A small note would more options would be fantastic but I was overall happy.
Theo was running our event on the day and he was superb he made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived, making sure we were happing with everything. He was very organised and extremely professionally. Patsy and Theo also added a special touch of a personalised cocktail menu on each table, this I thought was a lovely idea. All of the waiters that evening where so friendly, and I had excellent feedback from the guests of our party.

Overall the whole weekend was fantastic! The staffs are amazing both in the restaurant and on the reception desk, the rooms are beautiful, the food was amazing (especially the gluten free options!), Patsy and Theo deserve a medal for all their hard work. I would highly recommend Beales Hotel for any form of party especially if you have Patsy and Theo apart of your team!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Punpkin1
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am so glad that you found Patsy and Theo so helpful, both are valued members of the team at the hotel.

Note to all our Tripadvisor readers - Beales Hotel has eight banqueting rooms ideal for everything from weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties, barmitzvahs and retirement parties.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you all back to the hotel in the future, and thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.

With kind regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Attending a sporting event nearby so location great.Good car park.
Beds really comfortable and air con works.
Breakfast fine but not outstanding .
Tried to book a second night but rooms had been held for a wedding party and although some became available we had already made alternative arrangements.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review of Beales Hotel on your visit from Durham,

I am glad you found the beds comfortable and the air conditioning working, and sorry that breakfast was only ok, but not great - any other details you can email me with about breakfast would be gratefully appreciated so that we can ensure it really is great on your next visit.

We are the highest rated hotel in Hatfield, and indeed on Tripadvisor are currently 6th out of 122 hotels in Herts, but are never complacent, and are only ever as good as our last meal !

Do come again when you are next down this way from lovely Durham, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed on 27th this month, as we always stay at Beales when in area, as usual everything was excellent, reception staff welcoming,comfortable bed, room very clean, overall experience first class, will be returning again before end of year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel,

I am so glad you have stayed several times at the hotel and always found it to be of a high standard.

In my view consistency of service in hotels is a precious thing, as we are open 24/7, and indeed, at Beales Hotel have never closed since 1964 apart from in 2004 when we rebuilt the hotel from scratch !

Thus, as we are open 168 hours out of 168 each week, and 8'760 hours each year, this necessitates having a large team of some 60 staff at what is still a relatively small four star hotel, each member of the team needing days off and holidays of course.

So that is why I am delighted with your review after your several visits to the hotel, we have got it right each time.

Come back next time you are down from Wigan, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back again !

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was great free parking and nice little bar, welcome from the receptionist was great
room was a nice size and bed was comfy, the bathroom could of done with some TLC though needs new shower and bath panels

the food was horrible I wouldn't recommend eating there

plus the fire alarm went off at 7am Saturday morning which wasn't great :(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your review of Beales Hotel.

I am genuinely at a loss what to make of your comment that the food was horrible, and without any supplementary detail, I can't comment further, not knowing what you had.

We have two AA Rosettes for our food, the highest rating of any hotel in the area.

In addition we have a large and talented kitchen team, and source all our food from local suppliers in Hertfordshire and the surrounding counties.

Furthermore I personally taste the dishes on a regular basis and can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal at Beales Hotel.

Therefore I would ask our Tripadvisor readers to take this review with a metaphorical pinch of salt.

I am sorry you did not enjoy certain aspects of your stay with us, and would ask that you give us one more chance.

Regards,

Beales Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,020 reviews
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Beales Hatfield Hotel? Share your experiences!